windows 8.1 "blue" on lumia 720

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
so to whom you may recommend the lumia 720 ?

Anyone looking for
-Best bang for the buck
-Robust build
-Good battery backup
-Good camera (Not like the 920, but obviously not sh*t either)
-Sexy looks, literally sexy at each angle
-Good sound quality (I use JBL J22i earphones and not the ones that come with Nokia, so am not sure how's the quality in that but in JBL its ear cracking)

Apart from these the regular wp8 advantages like smooth ui, lagless etc.,

govindkrishna

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone looking for
-Good sound quality (I use JBL J22i earphones and not the ones that come with Nokia, so am not sure how's the quality in that but in JBL its ear cracking)

I got one myself and simple loving it.

The earphones that come with the phone is simply rubbish, absolute JUNK. It's clear and all, but you can't hear for nuts if you are on a traffic or place with a little ambient noise.
Good to hear that its performing well on JBL J22i, I wanted to know exactly this, that on good earPhones is the Dolby and enhancement working well..!!
So you think investing on a top class earphone like JBL is worth it? Just as a second opinion.
If you can do me a small favor montsa007, would you compare your Nokia earphones with JBL and write the result here, please?

To answer John Balacano's question, I got the phone 3 days back:-

Looks:- I have a black one, the moment you lock the screen, my friend - it is BEAUTY to BEHOLD. When you go to settings I believe Nokia uses Helvatica font (not sure though), and it looks as if the words are right on your glass.

Build:- feels so good and slick like in your hands...really awesome.

Battery: Can't say for sure now, because people say it gives almost 2 days for normal use. I think it will, because for these 3 days I have been using the phone extensively and didn't charge it for almost 18 hours straight - Installed stuff, downloaded, played game, messaged, mailed, whatsapp'ed and it stood strong :) (right now its on charge while I am typing this, almost after 19 hours)

OS Feel:- Smooth like the smoothest butter, you can slide and swipe with your nail and gloves on, its so sensitive that you barely need any pressure on the screen.

Screen:- Black Beauty with splashed colors :p

Camera:- One of a kind for the price range !! you have use it, to believe it. and all those lenses, oh mann !!

RAM: well its less, and I think the usable RAM is 395 or something(saw with System Info app), but I have opened 4 tabs (FB, TWITTER, AE 3D MOTOR, EXPLORER) and there was no noticeable lag...!!
However with one app, one stupid app named "PicStyle" (PicStyle | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)) there was a crazy lag, but I realized it was the app's problem, because other similar apps (glam me, creative studio, camera 360) like smooth except this.
I played Asphalt 7 heat and no problem at all. I played NFS Hot Pursuit (game is crap). Now playing Pokemon Platinum with emulator VGBC8 !!
so you get the idea !!

Calls: I did get some disturbance on the earPiece, but can't say for sure its the phone's fault.
but couple of people did say my voice is very clear but slightly low on pitch terms.

OVER ALL ITS F'KG AWESOME, FRATELLO !!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The earphones that come with the phone is simply rubbish, absolute JUNK. It's clear and all, but you can't hear for nuts if you are on a traffic or place with a little ambient noise.

I think that holds true for most of the headphones that come included with the phone. the HTC ones I have are the same, but at ?3 a pair I don't really mind. For the big stuff I've got a pair of ?50 Sennheisers (HD-205)

diimran

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have idea why MS has made so complex design in setting custom/userdefined ringtone ????????..... and the call log is hopeless.... I own lumia 720... and why videos shot with phone camera saves into photos->camera roll area rather than "music+videos" area ....

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
thanks guys ! for all your opinion but i already had my decision and i just wen with the lumia 820 and its pretty awesome !!!!! thanks guys for all your feedback's a really appreciate it :)

thanks !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon