windows 8.1 "blue" on lumia 720

Latesh Moten

May 13, 2013
Visit site
hey, this is an owner of lumia 720, got it few days back, and microsoft just confirming that they'll release new version of windows later this year. so will lumia 720 get this update? what are the chances and what not? any one please, i'll be highly thankful.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
We don't have anything in writing saying device X will get update Y, but based on comments MS has made it seems clear MS expects every WP8 device to get the Blue update. Theoretically, carriers could spoil that plan, but that is unlikely.

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Now here's the thing all lumia devices will get the lumia amber update + the gdr3 or 2 update but i am not seeing 720 down to 520 to support next gen windows phone os while "maybe" the 820 up to lumia 920 will be supported coz it has a bigger ram and more processor speed hope this helps !!!

Cheers :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Now here's the thing all lumia devices will get the lumia amber update + the gdr3 or 2 update but i am not seeing 720 down to 520 to support next gen windows phone os while "maybe" the 820 up to lumia 920 will be supported coz it has a bigger ram and more processor speed hope this helps !!!

Cheers :)

I hate you because of the bold part, and mainly because I own a 720. LOL.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry i am just treatig you nicely i did'nt mean to hurt your im sorry :)

No No I meant that comment in a good way, there are some people who hate everything about wp8 just because they are on android/Ios and feel its superior so they are haters and they will hate my comment :p, I actually love your avatar it makes me smile for no reason.

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
No No I meant that comment in a good way, there are some people who hate everything about wp8 just because they are on android/Ios and feel its superior so they are haters and they will hate my comment :p, I actually love your avatar it makes me smile for no reason.

geez ! ..... Thank You by the way may I ask u have you run into lets say your phone freeze or hang on the lumia 720 when multitasking on games and switch back to some apps ?

thanks in advance

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't play games on the phone at all no fun gaming on a tiny screen, I only installed sudoku for playing once in a while.

Have seen 2 or 3 crashes inside whatsapp (sometimes it takes long to load, sometimes it just hangs itself), but hey thats whatsapp at fault who don't give rats a** to updating their program to work smoothly with WP8. WP8 as an OS, is smoother than the smoothest chocolate you've ever eaten which melts in your mouth.

I have a nasty habit of exiting every app before I start another, the max no. of apps running would be 2 (if I have to multi task), the same applied for android too (But then I couldn't control the background apps which led to hangs and crashes like a mad kid terrorizing the house for not receiving his favorite candy for lunch).

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't play games on the phone at all no fun gaming on a tiny screen, I only installed sudoku for playing once in a while.

Have seen 2 or 3 crashes inside whatsapp (sometimes it takes long to load, sometimes it just hangs itself), but hey thats whatsapp at fault who don't give rats a** to updating their program to work smoothly with WP8. WP8 as an OS, is smoother than the smoothest chocolate you've ever eaten which melts in your mouth.

I have a nasty habit of exiting every app before I start another, the max no. of apps running would be 2 (if I have to multi task), the same applied for android too (But then I couldn't control the background apps which led to hangs and crashes like a mad kid terrorizing the house for not receiving his favorite candy for lunch).

so to whom you may recommend the lumia 720 ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion