Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Latesh Moten's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
       #1  
    hey, this is an owner of lumia 720, got it few days back, and microsoft just confirming that they'll release new version of windows later this year. so will lumia 720 get this update? what are the chances and what not? any one please, i'll be highly thankful.
    Mohan Raj K likes this.
  2. #2  
    We don't have anything in writing saying device X will get update Y, but based on comments MS has made it seems clear MS expects every WP8 device to get the Blue update. Theoretically, carriers could spoil that plan, but that is unlikely.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  3. #3  
    the amber update will be lauched for lumia 720....it'll enable radio in the phone....google amber update to see more... :D
  4. nitiny8's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #4  
    "Bing" Amber ...if u permit me to say so :)
    AlexCuria likes this.
  5. nessinhaw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #5  
    but Amber is a Nokia update lol
  6. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #6  

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  7. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #7  
    Now here's the thing all lumia devices will get the lumia amber update + the gdr3 or 2 update but i am not seeing 720 down to 520 to support next gen windows phone os while "maybe" the 820 up to lumia 920 will be supported coz it has a bigger ram and more processor speed hope this helps !!!

    Cheers :-)
    montsa007 likes this.
  8. keylex90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #8  
    Lumia 820 and 920 will definitely able to cope with the updates soon to come since both of them are having decent ram.
  9. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    Now here's the thing all lumia devices will get the lumia amber update + the gdr3 or 2 update but i am not seeing 720 down to 520 to support next gen windows phone os while "maybe" the 820 up to lumia 920 will be supported coz it has a bigger ram and more processor speed hope this helps !!!

    Cheers :-)
    I hate you because of the bold part, and mainly because I own a 720. LOL.

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  10. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,689 Posts
    #10  
    ^^ all wp8s will get the os upgrade. Limitations are and will be only for apps not optimized for 512mb devices
  11. kokola95's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    #11  
    ^

    True. MS also has stated this by many times
  12. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    I hate you because of the bold part, and mainly because I own a 720. LOL.
    Oh im sorry about that but that is just my opinion but who knows maybe later this year all windows phone 8 devices will be upgraded to windows phone blue :-D
  13. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    Oh im sorry about that but that is just my opinion but who knows maybe later this year all windows phone 8 devices will be upgraded to windows phone blue :-D
    Lol, i was just being funny ;)

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  14. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Lol, i was just being funny ;)
    Nahhh thats alright :-) is the lumia 720 really great ??
  15. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    Nahhh thats alright :-) is the lumia 720 really great ??
    Get it once, you'll feel every other thing in the world is thrash.

    **Haters gonna hate**

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  16. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Get it once, you'll feel every other thing in the world is thrash.

    **Haters gonna hate**
    Im sorry i am just treatig you nicely i did'nt mean to hurt your im sorry :-)
  17. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    Im sorry i am just treatig you nicely i did'nt mean to hurt your im sorry :-)
    No No I meant that comment in a good way, there are some people who hate everything about wp8 just because they are on android/Ios and feel its superior so they are haters and they will hate my comment :p, I actually love your avatar it makes me smile for no reason.

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  18. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    No No I meant that comment in a good way, there are some people who hate everything about wp8 just because they are on android/Ios and feel its superior so they are haters and they will hate my comment :p, I actually love your avatar it makes me smile for no reason.
    geez ! ..... Thank You by the way may I ask u have you run into lets say your phone freeze or hang on the lumia 720 when multitasking on games and switch back to some apps ?

    thanks in advance
  19. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #19  
    I don't play games on the phone at all no fun gaming on a tiny screen, I only installed sudoku for playing once in a while.

    Have seen 2 or 3 crashes inside whatsapp (sometimes it takes long to load, sometimes it just hangs itself), but hey thats whatsapp at fault who don't give rats a** to updating their program to work smoothly with WP8. WP8 as an OS, is smoother than the smoothest chocolate you've ever eaten which melts in your mouth.

    I have a nasty habit of exiting every app before I start another, the max no. of apps running would be 2 (if I have to multi task), the same applied for android too (But then I couldn't control the background apps which led to hangs and crashes like a mad kid terrorizing the house for not receiving his favorite candy for lunch).

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:
    John Balacano likes this.
  20. John Balacano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    I don't play games on the phone at all no fun gaming on a tiny screen, I only installed sudoku for playing once in a while.

    Have seen 2 or 3 crashes inside whatsapp (sometimes it takes long to load, sometimes it just hangs itself), but hey thats whatsapp at fault who don't give rats a** to updating their program to work smoothly with WP8. WP8 as an OS, is smoother than the smoothest chocolate you've ever eaten which melts in your mouth.

    I have a nasty habit of exiting every app before I start another, the max no. of apps running would be 2 (if I have to multi task), the same applied for android too (But then I couldn't control the background apps which led to hangs and crashes like a mad kid terrorizing the house for not receiving his favorite candy for lunch).
    so to whom you may recommend the lumia 720 ?
  21. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Balacano View Post
    so to whom you may recommend the lumia 720 ?
    Anyone looking for
    -Best bang for the buck
    -Robust build
    -Good battery backup
    -Good camera (Not like the 920, but obviously not sh*t either)
    -Sexy looks, literally sexy at each angle
    -Good sound quality (I use JBL J22i earphones and not the ones that come with Nokia, so am not sure how's the quality in that but in JBL its ear cracking)

    Apart from these the regular wp8 advantages like smooth ui, lagless etc.,

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  22. govindkrishna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Anyone looking for
    -Good sound quality (I use JBL J22i earphones and not the ones that come with Nokia, so am not sure how's the quality in that but in JBL its ear cracking)
    I got one myself and simple loving it.

    The earphones that come with the phone is simply rubbish, absolute JUNK. It's clear and all, but you can't hear for nuts if you are on a traffic or place with a little ambient noise.
    Good to hear that its performing well on JBL J22i, I wanted to know exactly this, that on good earPhones is the Dolby and enhancement working well..!!
    So you think investing on a top class earphone like JBL is worth it? Just as a second opinion.
    If you can do me a small favor montsa007, would you compare your Nokia earphones with JBL and write the result here, please?



    To answer John Balacano's question, I got the phone 3 days back:-

    Looks:- I have a black one, the moment you lock the screen, my friend - it is BEAUTY to BEHOLD. When you go to settings I believe Nokia uses Helvatica font (not sure though), and it looks as if the words are right on your glass.

    Build:- feels so good and slick like in your hands...really awesome.

    Battery: Can't say for sure now, because people say it gives almost 2 days for normal use. I think it will, because for these 3 days I have been using the phone extensively and didn't charge it for almost 18 hours straight - Installed stuff, downloaded, played game, messaged, mailed, whatsapp'ed and it stood strong :) (right now its on charge while I am typing this, almost after 19 hours)

    OS Feel:- Smooth like the smoothest butter, you can slide and swipe with your nail and gloves on, its so sensitive that you barely need any pressure on the screen.

    Screen:- Black Beauty with splashed colors :P

    Camera:- One of a kind for the price range !! you have use it, to believe it. and all those lenses, oh mann !!

    RAM: well its less, and I think the usable RAM is 395 or something(saw with System Info app), but I have opened 4 tabs (FB, TWITTER, AE 3D MOTOR, EXPLORER) and there was no noticeable lag...!!
    However with one app, one stupid app named "PicStyle" (PicStyle | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)) there was a crazy lag, but I realized it was the app's problem, because other similar apps (glam me, creative studio, camera 360) like smooth except this.
    I played Asphalt 7 heat and no problem at all. I played NFS Hot Pursuit (game is crap). Now playing Pokemon Platinum with emulator VGBC8 !!
    so you get the idea !!

    Calls: I did get some disturbance on the earPiece, but can't say for sure its the phone's fault.
    but couple of people did say my voice is very clear but slightly low on pitch terms.

    OVER ALL ITS F'KG AWESOME, FRATELLO !!
  23. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by govindkrishna View Post
    The earphones that come with the phone is simply rubbish, absolute JUNK. It's clear and all, but you can't hear for nuts if you are on a traffic or place with a little ambient noise.
    I think that holds true for most of the headphones that come included with the phone. the HTC ones I have are the same, but at 3 a pair I don't really mind. For the big stuff I've got a pair of 50 Sennheisers (HD-205)

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  24. diimran's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #24  
    Does anyone have idea why MS has made so complex design in setting custom/userdefined ringtone ????????..... and the call log is hopeless.... I own lumia 720... and why videos shot with phone camera saves into photos->camera roll area rather than "music+videos" area ....
  25. Rindika Fanai's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    but Amber is a Nokia update lol
    Nokia Amber includes [ Microsoft GDR2 Update + Nokia phones specific update (Amber) ]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can't sync contacts from microsoft account on Lumia 720
    By AlexanderPD in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  2. Minesweeper too slow on Lumia 720
    By Gaurav Kaushal in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 04:38 AM
  3. Here TRANSIT global support on Lumia 720?
    By snoopyjunky in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:01 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
  5. Windows 8 on Lumia 900
    By richv77 in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions