Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonathan Piferrer

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Hi, i bought a new beautiful white Lumia 720, from an ebay indian seller.

- Suddenly, one or two times per day, a message appears "NO SIM INSERTED" CHECK SIM CARD.

I must turn off phone because lost signal and carrier, an after turn on, the message dissapears and phone is usable again...

Anyone knows a solution for this? Is is Software, hardware, sim problem?

Regards!
    satysharma likes this.

It's probably the Sim Card provided from eBay.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks for your answer.. i will change it, and see what happens...

;-)

Hi,

Did your issue get resolved?
    I'm also facing similar issue with my new Lumia 720. I bought it a week ago from Sangeetha mobile store. The connection is of Vodafone. Since my earlier Galaxy phone had standard SIM, I had requested and received a micro SIM from Vodafone store and had activated the new SIM. It was working pretty fine; but from last 2 days I'm facing the connectivity problem. Most of the time it says 'No Service'. If I manually change the network settings or power cycle the phone, it acquires the service again after some time. But again after few minutes the issue comes back. Really I'm disappointed with this issue as I miss important calls. I'm confused if it is a problem with the SIM or the phone!
    Please help.

Thanks
    ~Jinoj

it's not a problem ..... it happens so that when you change sim phone needs to be work perfect after changing sim
    i too have faced the same problem its the problem with the vodafone network.. its not compatible with lumia phones better to change the network

even I had the same issue with Vodafone SIM. The issue was present in my previous L610 and even now L720 for quite some time. I had the SIM replaced and changed the settings MOBILE NETWORK>AUTOMATIC . I'm facing another issue, when ever I disconnect any call, the caller doesn't get the busy tone but keeps getting the call ringing tone . Any help on this ?
    Same problem here... But its L820 for me.. Have dropped my handset at NokiaCare yestaerday and when i caled them today, they told its perfectly alright, I thin i need to go to Vfone store now..

I am also facing the same problem :( Anyone can help ?

Oh, i used to have this problem alot, i thought it was my phone because i dropped it once.

i got a 920 now.
    I had the problem with my Vodafone SIM. Checking for network seems to fix the issue.

Hii.
    Plz change your network settings to GSM mode only and try to see if problem is solved.