Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi WPCentral, just got my Lumia 720 yesterday. I am trying, but i can't turn it off. Every time I push the power button and scroll the screen wallpaper to the bottom, it turns off and turns back on automatically. Is this normal ?

Thnx for all help.
    Developer

No it should not turn on, unless its charging, while charging phone will always turn on itself. Otherwise it could be a stuck key? Or a software issue.
    Password Generator | Password Generator+ | Easy Shortcuts! | Secure Chat | Night Clock

FLY OR DIE.

Current Devices: Nokia Lumia 820, Lumia 620
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan View Post
    No it should not turn on, unless its charging, while charging phone will always turn on itself. Otherwise it could be a stuck key? Or a software issue.
    Oh its charging lol. I had no idea that it always stay on when charging. Thank you so much. :D
    Developer

You're welcome, but hitting thanks is the right way to go. ;)
    Password Generator | Password Generator+ | Easy Shortcuts! | Secure Chat | Night Clock

FLY OR DIE.

Developer

Btw here is a gift from halfbrick studios. this just came out. Grab it before it gets priced.
    Jetpack Joyride | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

FLY OR DIE.

I cant turn off my lumia 720- 1 month old fon. It switched off automatically and thereafter i am unable to turn on. even after charging for an hour my fon seems not to respond. Can anyone help me out?
    Plz help!!!

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria Chatterjee View Post
    I cant turn off my lumia 720- 1 month old fon. It switched off automatically and thereafter i am unable to turn on. even after charging for an hour my fon seems not to respond. Can anyone help me out?
    Plz help!!!
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons for about 15 seconds to do a soft reset.

I cant turn on my Lumia N720, i took a pict and afther that there whas the black screen, and he swiched himself of !! cant turn on no more ... Whats the problem ?? Tryed to recharge, tryed to take out Card, nothing happens no more ... Phone DEATH !!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diedier View Post
    I cant turn on my Lumia N720, i took a pict and afther that there whas the black screen, and he swiched himself of !! cant turn on no more ... Whats the problem ?? Tryed to recharge, tryed to take out Card, nothing happens no more ... Phone DEATH !!!
    Volume down button + Power button, hold it until the phone vibrate, and will back to normal. I got this inssue 3 times D:

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
    I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
    However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
    Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
    I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

I bought a Lumia 720 this week, it was all going fine except the volume issues (that can be tolerated), but tonight while I was talking to a friend of mine, the sensors that black out the screen when the phone's near one's ear/body, were not working. After disconnecting the call I realized that the screen was frozen.
    I cannot do a single thing, there's no touch issue this I know, but nothing's working, I tried pressing every button separately and with different combinations but all gone to waste.
    Please help me out people?

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit Seth View Post
    I bought a Lumia 720 this week, it was all going fine except the volume issues (that can be tolerated), but tonight while I was talking to a friend of mine, the sensors that black out the screen when the phone's near one's ear/body, were not working. After disconnecting the call I realized that the screen was frozen.
    I cannot do a single thing, there's no touch issue this I know, but nothing's working, I tried pressing every button separately and with different combinations but all gone to waste.
    Please help me out people?
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons for about 15 seconds to do a soft reset.

I guess with mine its a software issue.........It shut down on its own, i was advised to do soft rest............ever since then when i switch it off it powers
    itself on again, what must i do to stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan View Post
    Btw here is a gift from halfbrick studios. this just came out. Grab it before it gets priced.
    Jetpack Joyride | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

it was and it will be free forever

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned here thread to connect to computer and then click remove hardware safely. When this is completed your phone will switch off correctly. You must do this each time you disconnect from computer. I have the same problem but did not try this yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by seventeenapg View Post
    Someone mentioned here thread to connect to computer and then click remove hardware safely. When this is completed your phone will switch off correctly. You must do this each time you disconnect from computer. I have the same problem but did not try this yet.
    I feel sorry for myself it didnt work for me... sometimes i wish i didnt update...it messed up even my battery backup.
    Try a soft reset before you remove hardware safely.

Check this thread for improving battery life http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...ing-amber.html

Hope it helps

I checked out the"remove hardware safely" and my windows 8 does not show my lumia under removable hardware. No amount of software soft resets is fixing it either. Also, i did a hard reset and the phone even then would not switch off before i loaded any of my apps. Hope its fixed in gdr3.

I got a new 720 and the same thing, it will not turn off. I think i may have an idea tho. If i put phone in flight mode and then switch off it will do it. Now i narrow it down to Bluetooth, it seems to be causing the problem. Can someone else check this as well?
    Try turning off data and then switching it off.
    Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
    I noticed that when phone is warm, it doesnt turn off...needs to be cooled down before u can turn it off...

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo View Post
    I noticed that when phone is warm, it doesnt turn off...needs to be cooled down before u can turn it off...
    weird...

Quote Originally Posted by ardaozkal View Post
    weird...

Listen, the phone just wont turn off, simple as that. There is no definite answer, some say this some say that. I have tried everything and it is just the luck of the draw when it actually does turn off. I just hope it is fixed in black/gdr3

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo View Post
    heard this for the first time. i noticed sometimes phone takes time to go off completely. but i dont think it such a case.
    our phone is different than PC, and it doesnot cools down as PCs before going off.

Try switching off the phone (immediately after boot). This solved the problem for me.