Nokia Lumia 720 : Hardware buttons working automatically.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have purchased Lumia 720 ten days back, Since yesterday the phone started functioning abnormally.. The capacitive touch keys started working automatically.

1. automatically all applications are getting closed, start screen appears
2. Start screen then minimizes ( similar to the way if we have pressed and hold the back button),
3. Start screen then maximizes and after that 'bing' opens up automatically.
In all the above steps, phone also vibrates.

I did a Soft Reset but it dint worked, thn i did a hard reset but again the same problem started.. Finally i did google and as suggested by some of the folks abv i just changed the touch sensitivity to normal and the same result it didnt worked too.. Now the things hav gone worst the capacitive touch keys arent working at all..... :(

Will take this beauty to Nokia Care, Lets see what they say....

I am afraid that only Nokia Care will be able to help you out with your problem. I say this because some Nokia Care points in some countries are worse than useless at helping customers with their phones and whatever faults they have. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a satisfactory resolution to your problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Deo Garcia Masango

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
got the same issue also with my lumia 720. it does things on its own without user interference, vibrating, opening apps, closing and non responsive, did you manage to find the problem cause

RaghuV

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
i got this issue two days back after updating TOUCH update .... Damm its killing my phone... i am unable to browse or use my phone........

tapanpatel85

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am fighting with the same problem in my Lumia 720 for last 3 months. I tried all option meanwhile - changing screen-guard, hard-reset, software upgrade, Power ON/OFF, etc. Nothing worked. 20 days back I went to Nokia care. Firstly they said it will take 15 days to repair the problem. I followed them up and finaly got my phone within 10 days. The guy said - "they replaced the strip inside for Volume control and phone was kept under observation. It's working perfectly fine." I got my repaired phone 4 days back. The very evening I reached home, phone started exhibiting the same behaviour. Today again I have kept phone in ICU of Nokia Care. Let's hope it will work. Now at least I expect Nokia to rectify the problem properly.

Mudit Mathur

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same problem with my 6 months old Lumia 720. It is auto-tapping applications, soft-keypad. Still throughout this dicussion forum I am unable to figure out that whether it is software or hardware problem. Tried my luck by hard/soft reset, formatting microSD (to remove any possibilty of Virus) but in vain. Request every body to post any further clue to resolve this issue.

Kanwaljit Singh1

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with 720. It persisted for abt 15 days. Then it got fixed by itself, Service centre demanded Rs 4200 for setting it right even though my phone was under warranty. Service centre was Sector 35, Quiet Office, Chandigarh.

Kanwaljit Singh1

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have the same problem last week and I've been resetting the Touch Sensitivity to Normal. But then this week the same problem happened again while my setting is still in Normal mode. :cry:
I really hope Nokia will release an update regarding this issue if it is a software problem.

I have the same problem. My phone is within Warranty. Service centre , sector 35 , Quiet Office , Chandigarh are demanding Rs 4200 to fix it, CRY:shocked:

Embelton

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
This has been annoying the hell out of me with my 1520 lately. Same thing, phone going nuts doing it's own thing. I tried all the fixes in the thread but to no avail. It's settled down now after I did these 2 things:

Turned of Glance. You don't have to actually touch your screen for it to work, just hover over it with glance. Sounds like it might be an issue if it's getting confused and activating the hover when the phone is awake.
Checked my date settings. I had my phone on automatically adjust date and it somehow got a full month ahead. It was showing July even though it's June.

As I said, it seems OK for the moment. Those are definitely two things you should check if you're having this issue though.

Embelton

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be OK. I went from being in the middle of a crazy phone situation to completely normal operation for nearly 24 hours now. It was either Glance or the date wrong. Not sure which.

hjs2396

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem
can u tell me how much will they price for it
my phone is with windows preview for developers and 8.1
so can any one say me how much will they cost

I RamaKrishna

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had experienced the similar issue for my Lumia 720 few months back, after several escalations Nokia care replaced my display after three months. After that it worked fine about 2-3 months and two weeks back again it got stuck, no touch buttons were working (Back, Home, Search). Its very hard to use the phone, if i open any application I cannot come n choose another app....I found a work around for this... have open Kids corner once and come back there it appears the home to open another app.. Its fuss.. bull **** phone.

Understand from Nokia that this model they don't have display's and ultimately customers are suffering..
If the display is frequently going wrong they have to replace the main board i believe.

Shihabur Ayaan

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
found the solution,
it happens if the phone get injured or had a bad shake...
just disassemble the back cover of lumia 720 and press tight on the bottom and assemble the phone again...

it worked for me as I was having the problem since last year and finally i thought i'll disassemble it and try for my self...
but luckily it got fixed.... this auto touch made me suffer a lot...

hope it will help you guys... u'll be able to get video on youtube about disassemble method...
anyone who need further help, just message me on my facebook...
the id is Ayaan.Dhk

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

div singha

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
guys it really works remove your screen protector....i remove my screen protector and it work so smoothly and instantly......i am very happy....

Maddydare

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
if the problem does not resolve by touch screen setting..then it's hardware issue called .. A Panel for 720 which is very common ..it will take around 30-40 days to repair since company does not have parts available.

Gaurav Rattu

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
hiii.... i have a problem in lumia 720. i wad hard reset my phone tommarow. but it does not start again . The two circles moves on the screen from 1 day but phone is not respondind next. do have any solution for it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck