Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WanderingTraveler
  • 1 Post By OzRob

Hey, this is a lumia 720 owner. I actually am having a problem with my device. If i set volume to 30/30. and keep it unused for some time with screen off, Then after some time it will drop to some lower level ( automatically ). it will get to 3/30, & then i'll have to again increase it. this all happens in ring+vibrate mode, i have not tried any other mode. can some one help me out with this. i have installed updates too. :/ still don't know what is happening.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    That very strange try a soft reset if it does the same thing, then I would get a replacement model or go to Nokia Care.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Latesh Moten View Post
    Hey, this is a lumia 720 owner. I actually am having a problem with my device. If i set volume to 30/30. and keep it unused for some time with screen off, Then after some time it will drop to some lower level ( automatically ). it will get to 3/30, & then i'll have to again increase it. this all happens in ring+vibrate mode, i have not tried any other mode. can some one help me out with this. i have installed updates too. :/ still don't know what is happening.
    This can happen if you keep your phone in your pocket where the buttons can be pressed accidentally. While the screen is off the volume buttons are locked. But unfortunately the volume buttons become active when the screen lights up after the power button is pressed, even though the phone is not unlocked. So in your pocket if something presses against the right side of the screen it can press on the power button (activating the screen) and then the volumes controls (changing the volume).

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Actually, you can manipulate the volume controls even without turning on the screen.
    So, there's that.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
    Curtieson likes this.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Actually, you can manipulate the volume controls even without turning on the screen.
    So, there's that.
    I don't see that behaviour. When my screen is off, pressing the volume controls does not change the volume. It only happens for me when the lock screen is displayed.

I guess it has been solved since i updated my extras+info and nokia music app. now i dont observe it anymore :) thanks every one !

mine is a different problem... while playing a song at 30/30.. if i decrease the volume to 0/30.. the volume remains the same until i change the song...

did u find any solution to this

i found this volume problem just right after downloading first music file .

The volume doesnt change during playback. once i change the song then only the change applies to sound

help me.

try updating all the apps! i did so and everything is fine now.

I have a slightly different problem with my Lumia 920.

If the phone is in 'vibrate' mode and I'm listening to music on earphones, I can't hear a call alarm and can't see it cuz the device is in my pocket. Which means I miss a call. Has anybody come across such issue?

hey i'm facing problem of
    my lumia 720 volume is not decreasing it only increasing
    volume control decreasing button is not working
    what to do ???

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kishorsomu View Post
    hey i'm facing problem of
    my lumia 720 volume is not decreasing it only increasing
    volume control decreasing button is not working
    what to do ???
    You have started a new thread for your issue. There is no need to cross post in this thread as well. Do one or the other, not both. You have been given some things to try in the thread you started about this issue.
    I too have the same problem!!
    hi...in my lumia 720 suddenly got volume problem(no keypad sound,can't get others voice and ringing sound at the time o calling,can't get no sound for playing mp3 and videos.i got this mobile on 5th august from flipkart.pls help me to solve the issue. thanks in advance...
    I have the same problem. I dont have any sounds. I can not play any music there are no alarms or anything else. Please help.

Same problem here with my 925.. Do update when there's a fix on this issue..Did someone mail nokia regarding this?