Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Manu KM
  • 1 Post By NewLumia720User
  • 2 Post By OzRob
  • 1 Post By wetpoop
  • 1 Post By bijendra

Hi,

i've a new Lumia 720 (2 weeks), and on an average of twice per week, the phone suddenly freeze: usually it happens when the screen is locked (off): i push the button on the right, but nothing... at this point, i can only do a soft reset.

Battery is ok.

It's very disappointing...
    any ideas ?
    thanks,
    D.

Mine doesn't freeze but it gets off even though having 100% battery. After connecting it to a charger it just boots up .
    Does it freeze on startup?
    If yes , then try pressing Volume Dwn + Power button at once and wait till it gets restart.
    Thanked by:

It freeze often while is locked, not during startup.
    As i said, i must do a soft reset (Volume Down + Power) to get phone on again, but my question is:
    1) why it happens so frequently ? i don't think is a normal behavior
    2) why after soft reset date and time does not set automatically even if set for this ?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In my case, Skype could result some occasional freezes on my Lumia. Uninstalling Skype fixed these freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMerson View Post
    In my case, Skype could result some occasional freezes on my Lumia. Uninstalling Skype fixed these freezes.
    thankyou for your suggestion, but i came to wp8 and lumia from an old blackberry since i need to use modern app like skype ...

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I can't find you an alternative of Skype.
    But however, try to uninstall Skype on your phone and see if it keeps freezing or not. Meanwhile, I will try to email them as I can't even run Skype on my 820.

This happened to me yesterday for two times. I presume it was because of a game called "Drift Mania Championship 2 Lite" which I deleted afterwards. It could have been the Wikipedia app made by Rudy Huyn but that's less likely. I'll update if I encounter more freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMerson View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't find you an alternative of Skype.
    But however, try to uninstall Skype on your phone and see if it keeps freezing or not. Meanwhile, I will try to email them as I can't even run Skype on my 820.
    ok I've uninstalled skype, now let see in the next few days what happens
    Thank you
    D.

Mine is currently freezed.........i am waiting for it to boot up
    TOrsha Desai likes this.

Me too facing the same problem...any suggestions?
    I bought Nokia Lumia 720, 4 days back. In this 4 days, the Phone froze twice and no matter how many trial for soft restart i do, nothing happens. First time it restarted automatically but second time nothing is happening for 1 hour.

Any solution?
    TOrsha Desai likes this.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewLumia720User View Post
    I bought Nokia Lumia 720, 4 days back. In this 4 days, the Phone froze twice and no matter how many trial for soft restart i do, nothing happens. First time it restarted automatically but second time nothing is happening for 1 hour.

Any solution?
    There is no definitive solution, but here are some things to try.

1. Turn the phone off, take out the SIM card, make sure it's sitting properly in the tray and then reinstall it. Turn on the phone and test it for a while.
    2. If you have cut down your mini SIM card to a micro SIM, it's possible the SIM has been damaged. It might be worth ordering a new micro SIM and trying that.
    3. If you have a micro SD card installed, remove it and test the phone for a while. It's possible a faulty or marginal SD card is causing the phone to be unstable.
    4. Do a full factory reset of the handset to make sure that nothing in the OS has been corrupted. Once you've done the reset, set up your MS account details only - don't link to Facebook or any other accounts just yet. Don't install any apps just yet. Just set up the basics.

If your phone is still resetting regularly after doing all of the above, you will probably need to contact Nokia Care and have the phone looked at.

EDIT: If your phone is completely frozen and doesn't respond to a soft reset (Power +Volume Down for 15 secs), removing the SIM card should trigger a reboot.

I've uninstalled skype and can see that phone freeze less than before.
    Last one was using new Facebook update.
    Hope in future upgrade for the necessary fixing, since is an app very useful.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I Think it could be a firmware or some apps problem...

Mine freezes when using Here Drive Beta, and Whatsapp sometimes..

I have a problem aswell i bought the phone 5/6 days ago and in the first day it droze when i installed languages and keyboards to the phone after i rebooted the device (soft) everything worked, then after 3 days it froze when i connected to a wifi, i noticed that after 3 minutes i went AFK... and i pressed the home button and lock but nothing worked its dissapointing the reviews of the phone only ahows how lucrative he is for the offered price. :(
    TOrsha Desai likes this.

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
    I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
    However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
    Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
    I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA
    TOrsha Desai likes this.

Since the last Skype update my phone freezes/hangs when i try to make a call[a normal call not a skype call]

My phone was well behaved before that. I stongly feel its Skype. Anyone else has a problem after the last update?

mine too.
    Solution : Wait for the GDR2 and Amber update.

No need to be panicked, guys! Mine just froze for 3 hours. Here's the solution: Press lock button on the side and while you're doing it, press volume down button at the same time. Hold for a while until it does restarting. I know, you'll be thankful for this youtube guy -->

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsis View Post
    No need to be panicked, guys! Mine just froze for 3 hours. Here's the solution: Press lock button on the side and while you're doing it, press volume down button at the same time. Hold for a while until it does restarting. I know, you'll be thankful for this youtube guy -->
    What you're describing is called a "soft reset" and it's been documented many times in these forums, including in my post just above yours. Searching for terms like "frozen" or "reset" on the forums will yield lots of references to this method of soft reset. It's the standard way to unfreeze a crashed Lumia phone.
    I am using Lumia 720 and it freezes at least 20 times a day. I always restart it by pressing two keys.
    I have visited Nokia Care, they took all the money claiming software reset etc and gave it back as it is. Nokia and Windows fooling people just like that by releasing unmatured and untested softwares just to capture market. I stongly rebuke this.

Somebody sussgeted that to upgrade to Cyan. Even I did that. Still is the problem.
    After seeing this forum, I came to know that many peoples are like me fooled and cheated by Microsoft.
    Please note that just by cheating people, you cannot capture the market. You will definitely loose the confidence that you already gained world wide.

You may take it or leave it.

Thank you