- 06-27-2013, 03:29 AM #1
i've a new Lumia 720 (2 weeks), and on an average of twice per week, the phone suddenly freeze: usually it happens when the screen is locked (off): i push the button on the right, but nothing... at this point, i can only do a soft reset.
Battery is ok.
It's very disappointing...
any ideas ?
06-27-2013, 06:05 AM #2
- 43 Posts
Mine doesn't freeze but it gets off even though having 100% battery. After connecting it to a charger it just boots up .
Does it freeze on startup?
If yes , then try pressing Volume Dwn + Power button at once and wait till it gets restart.
- 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM #3
It freeze often while is locked, not during startup.
As i said, i must do a soft reset (Volume Down + Power) to get phone on again, but my question is:
1) why it happens so frequently ? i don't think is a normal behavior
2) why after soft reset date and time does not set automatically even if set for this ?
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM #7
- 8 Posts
This happened to me yesterday for two times. I presume it was because of a game called "Drift Mania Championship 2 Lite" which I deleted afterwards. It could have been the Wikipedia app made by Rudy Huyn but that's less likely. I'll update if I encounter more freezes.
- 07-07-2013, 11:57 PM #12
- Turn the phone off, take out the SIM card, make sure it's sitting properly in the tray and then reinstall it. Turn on the phone and test it for a while.
- If you have cut down your mini SIM card to a micro SIM, it's possible the SIM has been damaged. It might be worth ordering a new micro SIM and trying that.
- If you have a micro SD card installed, remove it and test the phone for a while. It's possible a faulty or marginal SD card is causing the phone to be unstable.
- Do a full factory reset of the handset to make sure that nothing in the OS has been corrupted. Once you've done the reset, set up your MS account details only - don't link to Facebook or any other accounts just yet. Don't install any apps just yet. Just set up the basics.
If your phone is still resetting regularly after doing all of the above, you will probably need to contact Nokia Care and have the phone looked at.
EDIT: If your phone is completely frozen and doesn't respond to a soft reset (Power +Volume Down for 15 secs), removing the SIM card should trigger a reboot.
- 08-06-2013, 03:47 PM #15
I have a problem aswell i bought the phone 5/6 days ago and in the first day it droze when i installed languages and keyboards to the phone after i rebooted the device (soft) everything worked, then after 3 days it froze when i connected to a wifi, i noticed that after 3 minutes i went AFK... and i pressed the home button and lock but nothing worked its dissapointing the reviews of the phone only ahows how lucrative he is for the offered price. :(
08-06-2013, 10:28 PM #16
- 27 Posts
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.
Good bye MS and NOKIA
- 11-07-2013, 06:18 AM #19
No need to be panicked, guys! Mine just froze for 3 hours. Here's the solution: Press lock button on the side and while you're doing it, press volume down button at the same time. Hold for a while until it does restarting. I know, you'll be thankful for this youtube guy -->
- 11-07-2013, 07:41 PM #20
my post just above yours. Searching for terms like "frozen" or "reset" on the forums will yield lots of references to this method of soft reset. It's the standard way to unfreeze a crashed Lumia phone.
- 09-17-2014, 08:24 AM #21
I am using Lumia 720 and it freezes at least 20 times a day. I always restart it by pressing two keys.
I have visited Nokia Care, they took all the money claiming software reset etc and gave it back as it is. Nokia and Windows fooling people just like that by releasing unmatured and untested softwares just to capture market. I stongly rebuke this.
Somebody sussgeted that to upgrade to Cyan. Even I did that. Still is the problem.
After seeing this forum, I came to know that many peoples are like me fooled and cheated by Microsoft.
Please note that just by cheating people, you cannot capture the market. You will definitely loose the confidence that you already gained world wide.
You may take it or leave it.
- By muhammed yazeen in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 12Last Post: 10-25-2014, 01:20 AM
- By Spathene in forum Nokia ApplicationsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
- By Tony_Offends_U in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 8Last Post: 07-02-2013, 03:30 PM
- By gabrelov in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 03:51 AM
- By Sravan PDS in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2013, 12:39 AM