Nokia Lumia 720 Screen Rotation Problem

diazdiandra

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, Nokia Lumia 720 is my first phone ever using windows phone os. i got a problem which is screen rotation is not function.

A month after i bought this L720, i found that my phone cannot rotate the screen such as in whatsapp, messaging, camera, photos and else (which was working before). Frustrated to searching around the internet but i found nothing. and also there is no auto rotation switch (on/off) on settings i found. then i reset my phone, the auto rotation working again.
But, few days after i reset factory my phone, the problem back, and now i cannot rotate the screen. And still i dont know where this problem comes from.

- is there anyone facing this same issue? or maybe on other Lumia Windows phone?
- is there any solution except reset the phone?
- i also found that my compass points on wrong direction. i've done calibration, but still not working. (example on skymap)

Thank You.
*sorry for bad english*

Last edited:

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like there is a problem with your accelerometer. Since it is a new phone, I would contact the Nokia customer service. Regarding the on/off-switch: There is no switch unfortunately - we are all waiting for something like that.

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

suexilin

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, It comes and goes , sometimes soft reset helps, sometimes just restarting it helps, sometimes neither of them works.

I can't understand what causes the rotation to disappear exactly, and on what time intervals it disappears. Sigh.
I hope they are aware of it and fix it somehow.

I do not think it is the accelerometer, because a restart or reset would not fix it if it was. Probably a glitch.

crimpy

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i have same problem with Lumia 925 .... sometime not rotate. After restart (soft) work correctly. If it's HW problem, reboot not solve this :(

I wait for update sw.

Petr

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I have a Lumia 625. After an update, I noticed I had no screen rotation. I popped into the settings and clicked on screen rotation, and noticed the lock was switched on. I simply turned it off, and hey presto!! screen rotation. :grin:

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello friend, i have Nokia Lumia 530. I faced the same problem and tried several things to fix it, but didn't work. I saw your comment on this thread and tried it, and Lo!!!! It work. How stupid!!!! Thanks... :cool:::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro