Resetting Nokia Lumia 720 take hours

wisat

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends,

My Lumia 720 have been resetting for two hours and there's no sign that it will be done anytime soon.

I reset the phone through the setting menu (about phone/ reset). I did that after whatsapp didn't recognise any of my contact. Prior to the reset action, I uninstalled & reinstalled whatsapp, but the problem was not solved.

What should I do? Going to the Nokia Care will be my last option as they may take one day up to one week to return with any answer.

Fyi, I bought the unit only two days ago.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Regards
---
@wisat

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard reset via the buttons.

Hard Reset using buttons:

Press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power until the phone vibrates. Then release the Power key and keep pressing the Camera + Volume Down for a few seconds.

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, All the solutions were not working.. everytime after switching off my phone started in "cog wheel"; then i read somewhere and it worked:- remove the sim card, switch off wifi in your area(wifi deivice - router); shutdown your device, in nokia screen press buttons in sequence(volume up, down, lock, down) leave your phone for 15-20 mins, cog wheels will come but they'll go and you'll be able to boot up..
summary:- remove sim, switch off wifi(means your router device)
It really works

GHANSHYAM SINGH2

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
sir,
I bought lumia 720 a month ago ...
and for 2,days facing a issue.
whenever I click the power button phone starts with the normal Nokia logo and then a plane blue screen appears...and Nothing Else....tried every thing...even the hard reset thing you mentioned...
plz help.

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Happened to my bro's phone...i took it to nokia care center. They fixed it in 15 mins and also installed amber update

ram7489

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Stuck for the better part of the last six hours at the cog wheels. Will take it to the Nokia Care centre tomorrow. Darn!

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Try to reset the phone by pressing the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down -your phone should now reset and restart itself

Parth Mehta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
buddy but by doing hard reset by buttons ...
the problem still stays i have done it and its more than 10 hours my phone is resetting till now my phone did not stopping from resetting ........
what to do then??? :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills