Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

My 3 month old lumia 720 is not charging. it shows the charging sign but wont really charge. Tried to switch off and turn back it on to see if this will solve the problem. but it wont turn back on. had to wait atleast 2 hours to turn on (tried both soft and hard reset. with and without memory card and sim. but finally after 2 hours it will comes to life with normal press of power key). i visited nokia care twice this week (on Monday and Wednesday). They say lumia 720 is having "battery connector" problem and it is very common!!. both the times they changed it and gave. to my bad luck, the mobile will charge when i try it from nokia care. today morning, my battery is still showing charging sign but not really charging. Need to again go to nokia care.
    My roomate has 620 and we use the same charger so i can confidently say it is not any charger issue
    Any one else has this issue?
    Also everytime I do soft reset (15 seconds press never solved my pblm. takes more than a minute for me ) the phone date changes back to september 2012. Also the some random time.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arun jose1 View Post
    Hi,

My 3 month old lumia 720 is not charging. it shows the charging sign but wont really charge. Tried to switch off and turn back it on to see if this will solve the problem. but it wont turn back on. had to wait atleast 2 hours to turn on (tried both soft and hard reset. with and without memory card and sim. but finally after 2 hours it will comes to life with normal press of power key). i visited nokia care twice this week (on Monday and Wednesday). They say lumia 720 is having "battery connector" problem and it is very common!!. both the times they changed it and gave. to my bad luck, the mobile will charge when i try it from nokia care. today morning, my battery is still showing charging sign but not really charging. Need to again go to nokia care.
    My roomate has 620 and we use the same charger so i can confidently say it is not any charger issue
    Any one else has this issue?
    Also everytime I do soft reset (15 seconds press never solved my pblm. takes more than a minute for me ) the phone date changes back to september 2012. Also the some random time.
    Just to be clear, is this the procedure you are following to do a soft reset: hold Power + Volume Down keys for about 15 seconds, then release?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Just to be clear, is this the procedure you are following to do a soft reset: hold Power + Volume Down keys for about 15 seconds, then release?
    Yes.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arun jose1 View Post
    Yes.
    Then it sounds like you have a faulty handset. Nothing else you can do but take it back to Nokia Care and insist that they fix or replace it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,I am kiran.My mobile charge was totally completed i forget charge it.Now it was not charging at all. so plz help me to work it properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is replacing the only solution to this ?? i am experiencing the same problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys even I am facing the same problem with my Nokia lumia 720 , whats the best possioble solution to it please suggest , I have purchased it 3 days back only and it is not getting charged and not even starting , even soft reboot is not happening, please suggest whats the best possible solution to it.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punit_V View Post
    guys even I am facing the same problem with my Nokia lumia 720 , whats the best possioble solution to it please suggest , I have purchased it 3 days back only and it is not getting charged and not even starting , even soft reboot is not happening, please suggest whats the best possible solution to it.
    Obviously the phone is faulty! Best possible solution is to return it for a new one - it's only three days old!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too had the same problem what you people were saying. I have given to nokia care they charged me 890rs telling it was a physical damage and the charge port needs to be changed. They took 2 days for that and I got back my mobile to home, the very next day the same problem like battery draining happened when I charge my mobile, so again I went to nokia care they told it was a major problem and they will take 15days to rectify it since they are sending mobile to factory. Then after 13 days I got back my mobile..It works fine now. I think some manufacturing defect are some inbuilt defect in these 720. Guys be carefull to fix it with nokia care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my Nokia Lumia taken away for about three months, and now it won't turn on or even display a battery sign to show it's charging. I've tried the soft reset and it didn't work. Is there any other options besides hard reset or taking to Nokia care? It worked fine when I had it, and I got it gently used. Any suggestion? I really don't want to lose all my data

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had same charging problem in my lumia 720 it takes 24 hour to start the phone even if phone off at 40% and it affects my work highly problemetic and not good any solution available for the problem.