Lumia 720 not charging

arun jose1

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My 3 month old lumia 720 is not charging. it shows the charging sign but wont really charge. Tried to switch off and turn back it on to see if this will solve the problem. but it wont turn back on. had to wait atleast 2 hours to turn on (tried both soft and hard reset. with and without memory card and sim. but finally after 2 hours it will comes to life with normal press of power key). i visited nokia care twice this week (on Monday and Wednesday). They say lumia 720 is having "battery connector" problem and it is very common!!. both the times they changed it and gave. to my bad luck, the mobile will charge when i try it from nokia care. today morning, my battery is still showing charging sign but not really charging. Need to again go to nokia care.
My roomate has 620 and we use the same charger so i can confidently say it is not any charger issue
Any one else has this issue?
Also everytime I do soft reset (15 seconds press never solved my pblm. takes more than a minute for me ) the phone date changes back to september 2012. Also the some random time.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My 3 month old lumia 720 is not charging. it shows the charging sign but wont really charge. Tried to switch off and turn back it on to see if this will solve the problem. but it wont turn back on. had to wait atleast 2 hours to turn on (tried both soft and hard reset. with and without memory card and sim. but finally after 2 hours it will comes to life with normal press of power key). i visited nokia care twice this week (on Monday and Wednesday). They say lumia 720 is having "battery connector" problem and it is very common!!. both the times they changed it and gave. to my bad luck, the mobile will charge when i try it from nokia care. today morning, my battery is still showing charging sign but not really charging. Need to again go to nokia care.
My roomate has 620 and we use the same charger so i can confidently say it is not any charger issue
Any one else has this issue?
Also everytime I do soft reset (15 seconds press never solved my pblm. takes more than a minute for me ) the phone date changes back to september 2012. Also the some random time.

Just to be clear, is this the procedure you are following to do a soft reset: hold Power + Volume Down keys for about 15 seconds, then release?

kiran8745

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
HI,I am kiran.My mobile charge was totally completed i forget charge it.Now it was not charging at all. so plz help me to work it properly

punit_V

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
guys even I am facing the same problem with my Nokia lumia 720 , whats the best possioble solution to it please suggest , I have purchased it 3 days back only and it is not getting charged and not even starting , even soft reboot is not happening, please suggest whats the best possible solution to it.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
guys even I am facing the same problem with my Nokia lumia 720 , whats the best possioble solution to it please suggest , I have purchased it 3 days back only and it is not getting charged and not even starting , even soft reboot is not happening, please suggest whats the best possible solution to it.

Obviously the phone is faulty! Best possible solution is to return it for a new one - it's only three days old!

Alexander Jebakumar

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I too had the same problem what you people were saying. I have given to nokia care they charged me 890rs telling it was a physical damage and the charge port needs to be changed. They took 2 days for that and I got back my mobile to home, the very next day the same problem like battery draining happened when I charge my mobile, so again I went to nokia care they told it was a major problem and they will take 15days to rectify it since they are sending mobile to factory. Then after 13 days I got back my mobile..It works fine now. I think some manufacturing defect are some inbuilt defect in these 720. Guys be carefull to fix it with nokia care.

liveordiex3

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I got my Nokia Lumia taken away for about three months, and now it won't turn on or even display a battery sign to show it's charging. I've tried the soft reset and it didn't work. Is there any other options besides hard reset or taking to Nokia care? It worked fine when I had it, and I got it gently used. Any suggestion? I really don't want to lose all my data :cry:

Sumanta Adhya

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I had same charging problem in my lumia 720 it takes 24 hour to start the phone even if phone off at 40% and it affects my work highly problemetic and not good any solution available for the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss