: Blank screen, but can feel the capacitive buttons

Arnav Bhattacharya

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
hey i have been experiencing this issue since yesterday : Blank screen, but can feel the capacitive buttons as far as water damage is concerned i had accidently sprayed a lcd cleaning solution directly on the screen the day before when i switch off and on the phone it woks fine but the problem recurs what shall i do my phone is a month old this happens especially after i hang up from a call.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen guard/protector installed? The problem can be that this is blocking the ambient light sensor jst next to the ear piece. Try cleaning up that spot or remove the screen protector and see.

Arnav Bhattacharya

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah i have a screen guard ok will clean and see do you think its some lcd issue and this has happened thrice till now and quiet randomly but after i restart everything seems fine

Last edited:

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Its not an issue with display. If dust covers the sensor, it just blanks out the display. Very similar to what happens when you take the fone near to ear to answer a call...

Arnav Bhattacharya

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah thanks rahul it seems to have wrked no issues now cheers acha u have any idea as to when lumia 720 users in india can expect the amber update will it allow us to use radio on phone

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Good to know that it worked! Amber should be available anytime soon. However i see few threads on wpcentral that they are able to download thru 'Nokia software updater for retail'. You can give a try now if u cant wait or wait for few more days to get it thru OTA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss