Can't switch off Lumia 720

Siddharta Lahiri

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I dont face this problem all the time,but is happens frequently.

Whenever I switch off my set by long pressing the lock button and swiping the screen down,the screen turns off after showing goodbye but the 'Back,Windows and Search' button remains on for a while.After that they turn off but the set starts on its own.
Please note that this occurs when i'm NOT CHARGING the mobile.
Sometimes its switches off smoothly.
I have tried soft reset as well as hard reset,but that did not help.
Please let me know how to get rid of this.

I observed that this problem started after GDR 2 update.

Last edited:

mjke

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
is your wifi off ? if its not then your phone will restart . switch the wifi off and then try to switch off thy phone , hope it helps

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem since updating to GDR2/Amber. The workaround that works for me is: shut down and wait until phone reboots. Once lock screen is displayed, shut down again (do not unlock the phone or do anything else before shutting down). This second time it shuts down and stays turned off.

I suspect there's some process crashing during shutdown that causes a reboot.

Siddharta Lahiri

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem since updating to GDR2/Amber. The workaround that works for me is: shut down and wait until phone reboots. Once lock screen is displayed, shut down again (do not unlock the phone or do anything else before shutting down). This second time it shuts down and stays turned off.

I suspect there's some process crashing during shutdown that causes a reboot.
Yeah you are right..i'm facing this after GDR 2 update...this means this is not a hardware issue,rather a minute s/w problem.

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on a Lumia 620.
After I changed the phone language from Italian to German I started to have the same issue. I switch it off and randomly it reboots!!
Twice at the assistance and twice I got it back with the same problem!!
I have any idea of what is the process that causes the reboot... but this is hey frustrating.
Hope that the next update will fix this.

Happy new year to everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss