Low Ringer & Speaker Problem for Lumia 720

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My L720 had strangely reduced the ringer tone. Even at 30/30 it was not adequately audible. At first I thought it's due to Amber as the problem started after I updated. But I recently went to Nokia Care and they said we found moisture inside your phone. It got fixed within a day, albeit they botched up the flashlight.

For anyone experiencing lower ringer problem and speaker volume not good enough, get your L720s serviced at care centre. Most probably your warranty will be void if they find moisture inside the phone.

Thanks

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My L720 had strangely reduced the ringer tone. Even at 30/30 it was not adequately audible. At first I thought it's due to Amber as the problem started after I updated. But I recently went to Nokia Care and they said we found moisture inside your phone. It got fixed within a day, albeit they botched up the flashlight.

For anyone experiencing lower ringer problem and speaker volume not good enough, get your L720s serviced at care centre. Most probably your warranty will be void if they find moisture inside the phone.

Thanks

Do you know that a pal of mine visited care centre because his loudspeaker was muted, no sound at all. The blokes opened the phone and informed him that "There is water contact in the center of the mother board, yep exactly the center, nowhere else & it'd be $15~ to repair it"

He asked them to pack it up and do nothing, switches on the device and its back to life, sound works okay.

The lady who was attending my pal, literally cried (not really) because my pal is one awesome guy who doesn't quit a fight when he's right lol.

Maybe it was the same case?

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you know that a pal of mine visited care centre because his loudspeaker was muted, no sound at all. The blokes opened the phone and informed him that "There is water contact in the center of the mother board, yep exactly the center, nowhere else & it'd be $15~ to repair it"

He asked them to pack it up and do nothing, switches on the device and its back to life, sound works okay.

The lady who was attending my pal, literally cried (not really) because my pal is one awesome guy who doesn't quit a fight when he's right lol.

Maybe it was the same case?

Well with me it happened that I dropped the phone at Centre. After 2 hours I received SMS that your phone is repaired, please come to pick it up. I was very happy that wow, they are fast. I did not ask exactly what had happened, I was happy my phone was loud like before.

2 days later I saw flashlight was not working. Neither with camera. Googled the problem and found out that contacts are probably lose, and it will be resolved by taking apart phone and this is to be done at care centre.

Went today and told them flashlight did not work after week ago's repair. They checked on their Repairs Management system and told me this device was diagnosed with moisture. The engineer said we did you favor by repairing it and maintaining warranty else it would have been paid repairs. This time I did not give them my phone as they gave me repair time of 10 days since "they needed to order the outer shell" for completing repairs.

Yes moisture is a practical thing, but since when did Nokia hardware become so prone to droplets of water. Normally droplets would enter on all types of phones if you hold with wet hands or under rain. But I am surprised this Lumia did not stand some drops. My brother had once put my Nokia 6230i in a glass half filled, I put the phone in sunshine for a day and it was back to life.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well with me it happened that I dropped the phone at Centre. After 2 hours I received SMS that your phone is repaired, please come to pick it up. I was very happy that wow, they are fast. I did not ask exactly what had happened, I was happy my phone was loud like before.

2 days later I saw flashlight was not working. Neither with camera. Googled the problem and found out that contacts are probably lose, and it will be resolved by taking apart phone and this is to be done at care centre.

Went today and told them flashlight did not work after week ago's repair. They checked on their Repairs Management system and told me this device was diagnosed with moisture. The engineer said we did you favor by repairing it and maintaining warranty else it would have been paid repairs. This time I did not give them my phone as they gave me repair time of 10 days since "they needed to order the outer shell" for completing repairs.

Yes moisture is a practical thing, but since when did Nokia hardware become so prone to droplets of water. Normally droplets would enter on all types of phones if you hold with wet hands or under rain. But I am surprised this Lumia did not stand some drops. My brother had once put my Nokia 6230i in a glass half filled, I put the phone in sunshine for a day and it was back to life.

The most funny part I encountered in my pals case was, the water contact was right in the middle of the motherboard. Its like "Go stand in the center of the football field without entering it, you have to walk there but you cannot enter the field from anywhere"

You may want to visit a different care centre, some repairmen are real pain in you know what to deal with, some are nice and helpful.

ceepish

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I am really dissapointed with this kind of behviour from Nokia care.

I too havesame kind of story. When my phone suddenly got dead I took it to Nokia care, they said its because of water/moisture. Since it was just 6 days old and there was probably no way moisture should have been there I asked them to give it back. Then i took it to another nokia care where they updated the software (as they said or whatever they did because i already updated the software) and gave it back to me in working condition.

Right now i am facing same problem (sound/speaker related) and literally after searching over internet, reading posts after posts about nokia care, and issues i m feeling better i take it to other mobile repair shop.:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon