Lumia 720 Screen Freeze and Call Quality Issue

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As my User Handle suggests, I have a month old Lumia 720.

1) 2 weeks into me getting the phone, I experience my first freeze wherein the phone screen wouldn't respond when I was receiving a call. Thereafter, the frequency increased as did the severity and I had to Soft Reset every time the phone froze. This was a solution, albeit a temporary one.

The solution in sight was a Hard Reset. Hard Reset the phone and in the first bootup, the phone froze again! Wow! I Hard Reset again and the severity and frequency reduced. But still occur frequently enough to annoy you. Except now, freezes happen on the Lock Screen more often than not while getting an incoming call. The 'Slide Up' will just not respond and the call ends up being a missed call though I stare at my screen helplessly as I miss the call. The last straw was when I had missed 4 consecutive calls in the span of 10 minutes last night. That's when I decided that I will be returning the phone for a Warranty Replacement considering I have done whatever possible to get the phone to normalcy from my end. Any other solutions in sight? My phone runs all the latest updates.

2) Another issue that plagues me is Call Quality. Very often, people on the receiving end of the call report that my voice is inaudible and fades at times. This increases many fold when I hold the phone against my shoulder during a call. I've tried with a case, without a case, no difference in the end result. But works flawlessly with the Headset. I've read this is an issue with the Noise Cancellation, but has that claim been endorsed by anyone else?

I love the phone otherwise. But having owned a Nokia 5230 for 3 years and not having as many problems as the Lumia 720 has given me in 1 month, I am very, very disappointed at Nokia. I just hope I get a replacement by the 22nd of November because SophieLensHD is free upto then. :p Although, considering I already have it installed on my Lumia 720 with all filters installed, can I install them for free on the possible replacement if it comes after the 22nd of November?

Could someone please help me in the above respects? Much appreciated! :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I just hope I get a replacement by the 22nd of November because SophieLensHD is free upto then. :p Although, considering I already have it installed on my Lumia 720 with all filters installed, can I install them for free on the possible replacement if it comes after the 22nd of November?
Once an app is already purchased which include in-app purchases(paid or free using your unique account) you should be able to install/reinstall it anytime without extra cost, unless the app itself have been pulled-out from WP Marketplace.
Whenever an app/game becomes free I'll download them and uninstall them right away then reinstall only when the need arises.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Once an app is already purchased which include in-app purchases(paid or free using your unique account) you should be able to install/reinstall it anytime without extra cost, unless the app itself have been pulled-out from WP Marketplace.
Whenever an app/game becomes free I'll download them and uninstall them right away then reinstall only when the need arises.

Thanks for that! :)

Now, given the issues I have, what are the chances that the phone can be repaired? Or is a replacement the only way?

barcafan

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
as the case is pressed to the side of the phone screen is getting pressed and the rest of the touch action is getting nullified... i have similar problem.... dont know whether its a prob with hardware..
....without using case also experiencing same at times..planning to show to nokia care.....

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that! :)

Now, given the issues I have, what are the chances that the phone can be repaired? Or is a replacement the only way?

Does your seller offer any grace period? This can be hardware related, I would recommend it being checked by NSC.
I have encountered lock-ups pre-Amber when launching Here apps and didn't bother to try post update.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
as the case is pressed to the side of the phone screen is getting pressed and the rest of the touch action is getting nullified... i have similar problem.... dont know whether its a prob with hardware..
....without using case also experiencing same at times..planning to show to nokia care.....

The case doesn't come anywhere near the screen. :/ It wraps nicely around the bezel.

A user on another forum reported his NL720 hanging when he used his memory card from his old Nokia 5233 directly in his NL720. When he removed the card, all the problems were gone.
My circumstances are the exact same. So, I will try the memory card thing and then decide whether to go in for a Service Center visit or not.

Does your seller offer any grace period? This can be hardware related, I would recommend it being checked by NSC.
I have encountered lock-ups pre-Amber when launching Here apps and didn't bother to try post update.

I bought it off the internet. Flipkart.com
I doubt the seller offers any grace period, rather, I am not aware of such a thing. I will try the memory card thing first and then decide if a NSC visit is necessary.

Karun008

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing the same issue that voice is not audible on the other end intermittently with Nokia Lumia 720. Were you able to get the solution for this ?

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing the same issue that voice is not audible on the other end intermittently with Nokia Lumia 720. Were you able to get the solution for this ?

Nope. But it isn't as bad as it used to be. I'm not sure how though. That being said, you need to keep the lower part of the phone very close to your mouth if you wish to be heard clearly and keep your hand away from the microphone on the bottom of the phone near the USB port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven