Battery Queries!!!!

ajain108

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Guyz,I bought Nokia Lumia720 a week ago,i am worried about my battery.Some say that you should drain your battery(Li battery) to zero only then you shoulld keep it for charging till 100%(No overcharge).
And some say that u should charge it frequently,never let it drain to 0%,and battery should be overcharged(Whole NIght charging)
What should I do?
Pleasee help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while. Read more about Battery Calibration.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

parvind696

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
i buy my nokia lumia 720 about 10 day ago. my bettry drained quikly yesterday night 44% use in jst 2 hr and 30 min i use wtsapp continously in this perticular time in my background tast only wtsapp fb and instagram beta is allowed all other apps has been blocked... wt should i do?? is this norml??

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is new, there are two possible reasons:

1) On some phones the battery life will be bad when you first use it but it will slowly improve as you use it more and more, for example this is reported on some Nexus 5s.

2) Your phone is new, and if you have not touched the settings page much you might have left all the toggles on, like Bluetooth, Location services (GPS) and NFC. If this is the case, I suspect Whatsapp might be using your GPS to figure out your location (for the attach location function). You should turn off all these features if you are not using them and see if it helps

Good luck!