scratchy sound during call in lumia 720

stnnetindia

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have bought brand new Lumia 720 two weeks back. Everything is perfect except I used to hear scratching sound while speaking. Its really irritating. Signal strength having no problem. Otherside person can hear me crystal clear. No call drop happening also. My Lumia is amber updated.

if I use headset or Bluetooth, sound is clear and crisp. I have cut the mini sim to micro sim. Is this because of sim or any hardware or software defect. Please suggest

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You narrowed it down yourself. There's no issue with the SIM as you can hear clearly through the headset or Bluetooth headset. Its most likely a hardware issue related to your mic.

stnnetindia

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it related to mic or earpiece? How do i know my phone internal earphone is broken or not? Any method to check? because i can take my mobile to nokia care next week only

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Best way to do that would be to mute the call and see if you still hear the scratching noise. If you do, then its probably the earpiece at faulty. To check the mic, just record a video and check if the video has and distortion in noise.

stnnetindia

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for suggession

recorded a video and played back, sound is very clear

made a call and kept mic mute, i am hearing scrathing sound. So problem with earpiece?

stnnetindia

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Visited nokia care and explained the problem. Unfortunately no scratch sound heard when they tested. Service person did thorough check and told there is no problem with earpiece. They are suspecting the network and also I am using very old SIM which is 6 years old (Hutch) and it is not properly cut (cut over the gold chip edge).

Visited vodafone care yesterday and immediately they have replaced SIM with micro SIM. After that I feel call quality is better, let me see. finger crossed. I will keep update the status

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb