Unable to transfer data from PC

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
eror.jpgHi ,

I own a Windows 8 PC, I am facing a problem which is not resolving even after reinstalling the OS.
When I connect my LUMIA 720 via USB, the drives open ( phone and MMC) and you can see the folders but I cannot copy paste any data. I have tried even resetting the phone before but problem still exists. It just says cannot copy to device, not responding.

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 50947Hi ,

I own a Windows 8 PC, I am facing a problem which is not resolving even after reinstalling the OS.
When I connect my LUMIA 720 via USB, the drives open ( phone and MMC) and you can see the folders but I cannot copy paste any data. I have tried even resetting the phone before but problem still exists. It just says cannot copy to device, not responding.

Try reformatting your SD card and then try again,I faced this problem but later found out that the card was malfunctioning.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I used to face similar issue with my 3 yr old transcend 4 GB mem card. So I formatted my card from the phone. This seemed to fix the issue temporarily. But used to lag and also cause my phone to hang once a certain amount of data has been filled in the card. What I meant by saying this is that whenever the faulty portion of the card got filled with data, the hangs were caused.

As for the size reducing to 9 GB, I'm not particularly sure why is this happening. May I ask which card do you use? Try to connect the card to some other phone or maybe to your PC and see if the size still shows as 9 GB.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually in the pc and other phones it shows 9.2 GB of space, in the phone it shows 20 gb full , 9 GB free. I use Transcend 32 GB SDHC card.
I used to face similar issue with my 3 yr old transcend 4 GB mem card. So I formatted my card from the phone. This seemed to fix the issue temporarily. But used to lag and also cause my phone to hang once a certain amount of data has been filled in the card. What I meant by saying this is that whenever the faulty portion of the card got filled with data, the hangs were caused.

As for the size reducing to 9 GB, I'm not particularly sure why is this happening. May I ask which card do you use? Try to connect the card to some other phone or maybe to your PC and see if the size still shows as 9 GB.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay this is weird, after I transferred some videos which were their before, every file has a duplicate now, thus releasing the space from the Other in the 20 GB. If I delete the duplicate file , the other is decreasing. Is this a problem with the card or phone.
Use a card reader.

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 50947Hi ,

i am facing the same problem in mu Lumia 920.

Can anyone provide me the solution. I am running windows phone 8.1 dev preview in it.

MrSandhubaadh

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Me too.. I'm running the preview for dev as well. I tried copying to the SD card, it failed.. then removed the SD card and tried copying to phone, it failed again.. Restarted both phone and comp, stil failed.. tried different USB cables, still failed.. tried different USB ports with different cables, still failed.. please help..