How to get rid of the child control of the initial set up of the phone

jemorc

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! Purchased the Lumia 720 2 mos. ago and I NEVER had the patience to set it up completely because when I try to download any apps thru wifi it routes me to he page where I key in my MS details which I did for the nth time and asks me to let a parent sign in which I let a friend signed in with his account and it keeps rejecting it. I tried setting up another microsoft account using my other email accounts, but still no success...totally frustrated now and I really really want to use it....HELP! Please ...PS i already forgot the passwords for microsoft accounts I didn't keep a record of the passwords I made trying to pass to the next step of the phone...

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Clearly, something is up here! Seeing as you have no access to download apps and presuming you have not downloaded any, perhaps it would be easier to just start again by doing a hard reset on the phone.

With your charger disconnected from the phone, make sure your device is turned off.
Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger to your Lumia 720.
An exclamation point will appear on the screen.
You will now need to press this series of keys in order to start the reset process:
Volume Up
Volume Down
Power
Volume Down
Please do not press any more keys until the process is complete. This can take several minutes.

Perhaps this will clear the child lock and you could start again.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it by changing the age on the link above, it's needs to be older than 13 years old (18 in some countries). So, change your birthday and make sure it doesn't say "Your birthdate indicates that you're a child. Please reenter your birthdate." on that website.You can recover your password through that site if not you'll need to reset your phone and create new Microsoft Account.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077