Nokia Lumia 720 Battery Issue

Prakash Porua1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using a Lumia 720 since 3 months now.
But from past 2-3 Weeks it is giving me serious battery back-up issues.
I am getting only 9-10 hours of backup on normal usage of 3G and 2-3 calls and whatsapp, and battery drains fast even when not using the phone for internet.
I donot play any games on the phone as well.
I have recently performed a Hard Rest on my phone but saw no change in the battery performance.

Would appreciate any solutions to rectify this issue.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
After the Hard-Reset what programs do you install after that? If you getting this type of battery drain with only the default applications installed I would say that there is something wrong with the battery then?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have recently performed a Hard Rest on my phone but saw no change in the battery performance.

By "Hard Reset" do you mean you reset to factory defaults and then set up your phone from scratch? Or do you mean you held down Vol Down + Power button for 15 secs - this is a 'soft' reset?

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling whatsapp and see if your battery will improve. I saw on the other threads that whatsapp is a battery hog app.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Prakash Porua1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Sorry for late replying as was busy with office work.

@OzRob I had performed the hard reset i.e. Factory Reset.
@PulseRider I installed most of the apps which I was using previously.
@CharlieBoy1894 The problem was not with WhatsApp

But I found a strange thing after this issue.
after Hard Resetting my phone, from the 2nd day it was giving me a normal battery performace again i.e. 25-27 hours.

What I noticed was that when my phone was giving the battery back-up properly, my Google Mail account which was added in my phone was syncing properly.
But recently from yesterday, I am seeing the similar trend of the battery draining out quickly and the strange thing I saw that my Google mail was not synced from yesterday night, as it was showing mails from the previous day, but the Google Mail app was continuously syncing....so it was using up the battery on a continuous basis.

Today I unlinked my Google Mail Account from my phone and now I am getting proper battery backup, after doing this I saw what were the reasons that the mails were not syncing in the Google Mail App.
I saw that the clock of the phone was not up to date because of a soft reset, I changed the clock timings and tried syncing again, but the problem persisted and I had to unlink my account once again.

So Now the reason of the problem is found that is the " Synchronization of the Google Mail App ", But I am not able to find a solution for this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
prakash

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 720 gives me a battery backup of only 10-11 hours...is it right...am a rough user with almost 6 hours of surfing on WiFi and 2-3 hours of games daily

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 720 gives me a battery backup of only 10-11 hours...is it right...am a rough user with almost 6 hours of surfing on WiFi and 2-3 hours of games daily

Then it sounds like you DON'T have a problem - 9 hours screen time is gonna suck the battery dry pretty quick. I think getting 10 to 11 hours is actually pretty good under those circumstances.

siva 007

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
hi :),
from last 2 days my mobile battery draining very quickly (lumia 720)
usually it will come for 2 days , but from last 2 days it coming only for 7-8 hrs if it is in stand by mode,
please help me dude, how u resolved same of issue

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you check battery saver which app uses the most.
Did you install a new app or pinned a website on your start screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett