N720 RM-885 not showing updates as available

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
i'm having an issue trying to update my father nokia 720, it's a RM-885 unlocked LA variant but when i go to check for updates it says that no update is available.
When i see the version it shows 1030.6409.1311.0001 (OS version 8.0.10211.204) which is the VERY old launch software.
3056.40000.1349.20xx should be available accodring to http://developer.nokia.com/communit...Nokia_Lumia_(Windows_Phone)_devices#Lumia_720

Checking the availability site Availability in Latin America - Nokia it shows that the country variant is available for amber and black and latest version is 3056.40000.1349.2001

model name is: RM-885_eu_euro1
operator: 000-GB
conf id: 158531
ID: 1030.6409.1311.10151

what's going on?, do i need to change the product code or something of the sort?

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
but according to the availability site either country variant OR telecom variant it should already be available, BOTH updates.
In fact, the previous GDR1/amber update which has been out for months(his old phone, a 620 telecom variant got the upate the moment it was "available" according to that site) and that one isn't even showing for this 720 unlocked, that's the problem.

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
again, NO RESPONSES more than 3 months after?!?
i dont want to have to use Nokia Care Suite to force install a new fw as that will erase all the contents of the phone(which is full of apps, data, customizations that i dont want to lose or have to recreate).

what is going on?

safek

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I may be able to help you . What is your 'product code'.

You can find this number under your little 'sim card' tray, when you remove it from the phone

Usually something like 059ST38

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
What is your 'product code'.
Safek, thanks a LOT, i didn't knew the product code was there!

the code is 059T1C3
when i searched in the PC list i find it is " 059T1C3 RM-885 VAR AR CLARO SL SKD "
and according to availability Availability in Latin America - Nokia it's one of the WORST telcos as they declined the BLACK update, but curiously AMBER(3046.xxxx) is listed as available, yet i'm not even having that one as available

I think i'll have no choice but to wait until country variant gets CYAN and then change the product code to that.
btw, could you help me in findinf the "root" country variant for AR?, i think it might be " 059T1D0 RM-885 VAR AR CV SKD "

safek

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Eliminateur

Yeah, i totally understand! some telcos are inconsistent with releases.

Any way, i just checked and Amber is available for your phone. However, you will have to do it another way because as you say, Nokia Software is not picking it up in your region. I have sent you a pm with details.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
model name is: RM-885_eu_euro1
operator: 000-GB
conf id: 158531

This tells me it's a UK originated handset.

Download the UK version of the retail recovery tool and see which version it lets you install. It *should* offer the most recent, which by now is 8.0 GDR3+Black firmware, detailed below.

This is from the availability page for UK:
Lumia 720 Country variant 3056.40000.1349.2004 Available (Amber), Available (Black), Under testing (Cyan)

However, if your product code is giving different information, then it's possible the code shown on the handset is different to what's acutally in the phone (ie you have the case from a local 720, but for some reason it's got the logic board of a UK version, or at least has the ROM from one - which is what RM-885_eu_euro1 is). My UK Lumia 620 is RM-846_eu_euro1, for example.

Note however, that if you go ahead with the install button, everything will go (which would happen if you flashed it by other means anyway). So make sure you have retrieved and copied down anything you want to keep.

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean here. Do you want to know if there is a variant country for alternative firmware?
i want to know which is the "clean" country variant (non telco, factory variant) and if it's the one i just posted. i dont want to keep the one it has because Claro sucks and i don't want to be at the mercy of the operator lazyness.

David, it's a new phone so it shouldn't have an english board(we do use europe freq spectrum) and it's fully localized

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
i want to know which is the "clean" country variant (non telco, factory variant) and if it's the one i just posted. i dont want to keep the one it has because Claro sucks and i don't want to be at the mercy of the operator lazyness.

David, it's a new phone so it shouldn't have an english board(we do use europe freq spectrum) and it's fully localized

If the data in Extras+Info is showing what you put in your initial post, then it's definitely a UK Country Variant device. Maybe it was imported?

With regard to "no Telco, factory variant", then if it says CV or Country Variant then that's exactly what it is. No carriers/telcos or anything, no carrier locks so you can use any supported SIM.

safek

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
David is right! It seems that you do have a UK country variant device. Therefore, it follows, that you could update via the UK recovery tool.

Edit! i just checked and your product code 059T1C3 relates to 'Italian' firmware.. Maybe you will be better off seeking Italian country variant firmware.. I just checked and Italy country variant BLACK firmware is available. Maybe better to download Italian version of the retail recovery tool, and see.

Sorry for any confusion! But i think you need to know all the info before proceeding.

Eliminateur

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
waaaaait....
i just loaded NSU again "just to try" and the product code it's reporting is DIFFERENT from the tray one:
059S0W4 RM-885 LTA BLACK SWAP

so what is that code?, it's not a VARiant, but it's LTA for Latin America(correct), what is that "SWAP"?

WTH :devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786