Do you use screen-protectors on your phones??

ROOPERT7

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't use screen protector on my 720.
I'm aware that the screen can get scratched, but what's life without a little bit of risk? :)

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So i have been using a matte screen protector for sometime on my lumia 720.....but now i think that screen protectors just destroy the beauty of the screen.....so what do u guyz suggest.....shall i put a screen guard on phone or let it go naked??

Oh Sorry, i am not. ClearBlack with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 is beautiful without Screen Protector. also, Matte is smooth but is blurred.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
+L1020.

Clear type since day 1. Sometimes totally forgotten it's there. No difference encountered.

Although, noticed some slight scratches on the screen protector now due to keys, coins, son having tough time at Despicable Minion Rush @ Subway Surfers LOL.. Should I just peel it off?

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I used to with my 820 cause it didn't come with gorilla glass. But as of the last 6 months I have learned to be careful and gone without.
So far so good.

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I always used a screen protector on my first WP phone, my Focus. Towards the end of it's run, I peeled the protector off to try out "going naked". I never realized how much the image had dulled out over time with the screen protector. I never put one on my 920, and I seriously doubt I will going forward.

Did the same thing.....peeled it off yesterday....it had got thousands of scratches...;)

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
After my phone (lumia 620) got quite a hairline scratch i purchased one immediately used it for a year now and planning on replacing it cause the air gaps are unbearable but i would like to go free so is there any 620 owners who do not use screen protectors and how did it go

Conodihno

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Always used and will use a protector. I hate that I always have to be carefull of the way I handle my phone. Once a protector has to many scratches I will replace it. This time I use a wet aply one from skinomi. No bubbles and fits like a glove. Also one on the back of my 930.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got the L1020 and, since it has an antibacterial, silver-ion-impregnated Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen, I have never installed a bacteria-attracting screen protector on it. Six months and no noticeable scratches on the screen so far. :wink:

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I use a clear one on my Lumia 1320. Gorilla Glass 3. Still, there is no taking chances. A clear one is hard to notice. Matte ones are pretty noticeable. Also if you are getting a cheap one (matte or clear), chances are it is also a fingerprint magnet. So get an expensive one and you can keep it straight for an year or more.

TIP: Use a hand sanitizer to clean it occasionally. Works great!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the "Mirror" screen protectors that act as a mirror when the screen is off? Any thoughts on those? I was thinking about getting one, because a L520 without a front facing camera it can't really use the mirror apps. Are those any good?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
So i have been using a matte screen protector for sometime on my lumia 720.....but now i think that screen protectors just destroy the beauty of the screen.....so what do u guyz suggest.....shall i put a screen guard on phone or let it go naked??
I don't wanna use screen protectors but I have to if I want to sell my phone when there's a new one I like. Scratches lessen the value of any phone. Use a glossy one instead of matte. It's more invisible.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I use a tempered glass one from verizon, I will never go back to a plastic sp. it feels just like the screen, doesn't scratch (asahi glass), and protects from breaking the screen....to an extent.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass means nothing when scratches in the coating on top of the glass look worse than any scratch in just the glass would, as I learned with my 900.
Still, you'd have to be pretty rough on your phone to have the screen look worse than it does with any screen protector I've used.

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I will plan to buy a tempered glass screen protector online after I replacing digitizer glass for my L720 (it's broke but still function now LOL), is it worth it using them? Because the glass was more comfortable to use

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers