Why are my Lumia 720 mobile capacitive buttons working automatically?

Rishidev anand

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 720 mobile capacitive buttons are working automatically

I purchased a beautiful Nokia lumia 720 about a month back. Fell in love with this phone after using it. But now the phone started to behave abruptly. While using any of the application or even viewing my photo gallery the following events happen -
1. automatically all applications are getting closed, start screen appears
2. Start screen then minimizes ( similar to the way if we have pressed and hold the back button),
3. Start screen then maximizes and after that 'bing' opens up automatically.
In all the above steps, phone also vibrates.

Originally thought it might be a SIM problem as was using a GPRS SIM and it was cut by the dealer at the time of purchase.

Without putting the SIM, used the phone, but getting the same issues. So, guess we can conclude not a problem with the SIM.

Resetted the phone and used without putting the SIm, but still getting the issue.

Observed carefully and I think, it's basically doing the operations for the three capacitive buttons even if we nothing has been touched [Doing Fast app switching, pressing the back button, opening the bing ]

ashwinp90

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: my lumia 720 mobile capacitive buttons are working automatically

I too have the same problem for several weeks now. Whenever this problem arises, I just hold the home key from some time till it stops vibrating. Disabling the high sensitivity of touch in settings will reduce its frequency.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3