Volume Down Button Stuck

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, my Lumia 720's volume down button is permanently stuck and the volume bar is on the screen the whole time, and when I restart the phone, an exclamation mark shows up. What should I do? As I'm REALLY busy and I don't have time to send my device to "care".

fairyjo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
HI LTTG, I had the same problem last year, I used a very thin metal piece to stick in-between the button and the phone and managed to un-stuck the button that way. Just be careful not to go to deep, I just went very subtly inside and it worked out. Good luck :)

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, my Lumia 720's volume down button is permanently stuck and the volume bar is on the screen the whole time, and when I restart the phone, an exclamation mark shows up. What should I do? As I'm REALLY busy and I don't have time to send my device to "care".

Try to disassemble the phone and do it yourself or pay some cash and get it repaired

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Fairyjo's suggestion would most likely work. Jontyfernz's suggestion, on the other hand, may not really fit your "REALLY busy" schedule, though you could try using the cash that he suggested you to pay for repair and try to get some of the accumulated dust in between the button and the case of the phone by using the corners of a crisp bill (just make sure you don't damage the bill since that might be illegal in your country) - of course any other piece of paper would work as well.:cool:

You could try using a compressed can of air or an aspirator while you're at it to blow off some of the accumulated dust (but not your breath) - if one of these are readily accessible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3