Why can't I play Lumia camera recordings on my laptop?

David Blackwood

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
why camt I play Lumia camera recordings on my laptop

Hello... Since my Lumia 930 updated to Lumia camera app.. Any videos I record wont play on my Pc which is running windows 7.... I have to revert to the original Microsoft Camera to get a recording that plays.. Quite frustrating as I have recorded numerous videos with the Lumia camera..and also frustrating as the Microsoft camera is not as good as Lumia Camera app....any suggestions would be very helpful..is it a case of new laptop running windows 8? Thanks

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: why camt I play Lumia camera recordings on my laptop

Hello... Since my Lumia 930 updated to Lumia camera app.. Any videos I record wont play on my Pc which is running windows 7.... I have to revert to the original Microsoft Camera to get a recording that plays.. Quite frustrating as I have recorded numerous videos with the Lumia camera..and also frustrating as the Microsoft camera is not as good as Lumia Camera app....any suggestions would be very helpful..is it a case of new laptop running windows 8? Thanks
Update to 8.1 would be a better option for your pc.! Again..change the media player you are using..it may be corrupt. Try some other third party media players and check whether the problem persists and do let us know!

David Blackwood

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply's...im using windows media player on windows 7 its been fine until the camera update on the phone.... Any suggestions on 3rd party mediaplayers? Also they wont play on the windows movie maker either.....

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply's...im using windows media player on windows 7 its been fine until the camera update on the phone.... Any suggestions on 3rd party mediaplayers? Also they wont play on the windows movie maker either.....

Try Vlc player , it is quite popular and has most of the codecs support...if that doesn't fix the issue that means something wrong with your phone..

nikluk20

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problems with the videos recorder on my nokia lumia 930. great on the phone but when i transfer the files to my laptop (now windows10 but the same problems on windows 7) they are ok vidth audio part of the file but the video part its pixelized, lagging, stoping... dont know what is the problem. using windows media player, vlc whatever still the same problem.

again, video is perfect on my nokia lumia and on lumia is not lagging or doing anything worng, just when i transfer my videos to laptop to watch it on big screen they are horrible.

please help cause this is annoying...:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo