Wireless charging

Sudesh Baser

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it Possible to put a Qi wireless charging back cover of lumia 735 on lumia 730..... so that it could support wireless charging ???....as b'coz 735 is not going to be available in India..in future..!!!!!
if it is possible i can export the back cover from US /UK...!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
​I am planning to purchase the Nokia Lumia 730 Dual-Sim but before i do, i have a question in mind with regards to Qi Wireless Charging compatibility with the said device.

Microsoft states that the Nokia Lumia 730 Dual-Sim doesn't have built-in Qi Wireless Charging support however, the Lumia 735 with LTE supports Qi Wireless charging.

My Question is...What if you placed a Wireless Charging Shell for the Lumia 735 (LTE) with part# "CC-3086" onto the Lumia 730 Dual-Sim? will the Lumia 730 Dual-Sim gain Qi Wireless Charging support and be compatible with most Qi Wireless Chargers on the market?

i hope someone or even Microsoft/Nokia could help clarify this matter to me, thanks in advance!

Without looking at the inside of the phone it is hard to determine whether the 730 will support wireless charging. It is not just the shell, you need the frame and motherboard to have the circuitry to transmit the charge from the charger to shell to frame to circuit to battery. Hope this helps.

OsnaStonie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This will not be possible, I found the following video where you can clearly see at 7m40s that the internal contacts that are available inside the 735 are missing on the 730:

7m40s

Kay Pl?tke of Microsoft clearly states in the very same video that the cover would match but wireless charging will not work. I don't know if this is a design decision or if the restriction is necessary because of the additional circuits for the second SIM. So sad, I had the very same idea. Still no Dual SIM with wireless charging ...

Best
Stonie

Last edited:

pravin vardhan

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
yes you can!!!
i read article in some website and they mentioned about the wirless charging capabilty to lumia 730..nokia lumia 730 doesnt have wireless charging but with specific model backpanel (made by nokia itself) you can convert nokia lumia 730 into an wireless charging mobile
here what i got from that website
The Lumia 730 does not come with Wireless charging, but you can do it with the new Wireless Charging Shell CC-3086. All you need to do is to slip the Lumia 730 into the case and it will charge wirelessly. Color options are dark grey, bright green and bright orange and cost 14,90?(approx 1200 indian rupees).checkout wpsbox.com

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Never figured out why everyone likes wireless charging so much.
It's extremely inefficient and the energy loss is just turned to heat, that's why they get so warm/hot when charging.
About the worst thing that you can do to shorten the life span of a lithium battery is to charge it hot.
That really decreases it's capacity faster than normal.

:)
Fred

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No, the 735 shell will not help as 730 does not have wireless charging contacts and circuits found in 735, this can be checked by comparing the backsides of 730 and 735, there is extra contacts in 735 at bottom near battery.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's extremely inefficient and the energy loss is just turned to heat, that's why they get so warm/hot when charging.
About the worst thing that you can do to shorten the life span of a lithium battery is to charge it hot.

Fred

Well wireless charging spoils you once you get used to the convenience. Heck I've wireless chargers all over my home and office. In fact that's is what's stopping me from buying a 1520 (screw you AT&T). As far as the heat is concerned, it just gets warm and not hit. Secondly it hasn't affected my battery life (~2 years on my 920) and it's still working great.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I can assure you that the battery capacity on your 920 is less than when new, regardless of wireless charging or not :)

Fred

Well wireless charging spoils you once you get used to the convenience. Heck I've wireless chargers all over my home and office. In fact that's is what's stopping me from buying a 1520 (screw you AT&T). As far as the heat is concerned, it just gets warm and not hit. Secondly it hasn't affected my battery life (~2 years on my 920) and it's still working great.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I can assure you that the battery capacity on your 920 is less than when new, regardless of wireless charging or not :)

Fred

Well yes I know that for sure. In the comment made above I meant that battery hasn't been seriously worn out because of it getting warm of wireless charging

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Fred
Qi does not cause a lot of extra heat and the qi system itself regulates strength of charge depending on many factors, including heat to prevent this. People love it because you don't have to mess with wires (especially those of us that get home and to bed hours after our spouse is in bed so just being able to set the phone down and not have to fumble with wores in the dark is nice). Also micro usb has an expected life of 500 plug ins, obviously some get more, some get less. So not having to worry about it going out from overuse is nice. Also qi is actually better for the battery because unlike wired charging there is no "trickle" charge once the battery is full. You should study qi a little more and you would understand the benefits.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have study it, I work for a place that is developing lithium mainship and EBats batteries for aircraft and am very familiar with the various lithium chemistries :)

Actually a trickle charge (assuming it's regulated which the internal phone chargers are) is healthy for them and lithium's do not like heat at all.
They will certainly loose capacity faster if they get hot during charging compared with not getting hot during charging.
Same as when a vehicle, the phone should not be charged if it's in sunlight (getting warm) for longest battery life (capacity).

I had a Qi charger for a while and sold it. The phone and tablet that I have got pretty warm when charging, not what I would call hot, but certainly pretty warm.

Fred

Qi does not cause a lot of extra heat and the qi system itself regulates strength of charge depending on many factors, including heat to prevent this. People love it because you don't have to mess with wires (especially those of us that get home and to bed hours after our spouse is in bed so just being able to set the phone down and not have to fumble with wores in the dark is nice). Also micro usb has an expected life of 500 plug ins, obviously some get more, some get less. So not having to worry about it going out from overuse is nice. Also qi is actually better for the battery because unlike wired charging there is no "trickle" charge once the battery is full. You should study qi a little more and you would understand the benefits.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Was you're qi charger a third party charger. I have never had much heat in mine. And if you had studied it you would know it communicates with the phone and slows down charging when the phone gets hot, something wired charging does not do. Agree to disagree I guess.

KCNA

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
There are no contact points inside the Lumia 730 for wireless charging, even with the 735 back panel. An Universal Qi receiver (with a usb plug) and charger should do the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)