Lumia 730 - phone hangs while dialing a number when phone restores from low network coverage

Rajat Singh3

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
It's the 3rd day of my new Lumia 730 & I'm facing screen flickering/blinking problem in my lumia 730 and aslo my screen gets blurred for 2 sec when i minimize any app...
My all songs are copying twice thrice times when i listen it on XBOX Music / Mix Radio....App....My lumia 730 hangs & flickers most of the times when i listen songs in Mix Radio... Double Tap to wake is not working at all when my phone is connected to charging. 've searched for the solution of these above problems on google and its very surprising to find that most of the #Lumia_730 owners are going through these issues.... !!
've tried all things Soft reset, Hard reset, Disabled Auto brightness, Disabled Sun Readable mode etc. etc. On 1st day of my purchase it worked great smooth and fast but after updating preinstalled application [ Like - Skype, facebook, flipkart, sports, XBOX Music, Mix Radio, Maps and Gps apps & all Lumia editing and camera apps etc etc ], as a suggestion in Windows Store app this above listed problem started to occur.
Any solution to fix my problems ??

wildsdi

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My 730 does not automatically connect to H+ every time. Usually it stays at E. This is inspire of active 3G pack. I've used the same sim in Lumia 525 for a year before this.

Hopefulcustomer

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi hopefulcustomer,,, please give us an update once you tried the Nokia Lumia Software Recovery tool.. I may try it too..

Dear all,
I apologise for my delayed response. I didn't have time to do the software recovery the past few days. However, the day before yesterday, I received an extras+info update and, hopeful that this maybe a clandestine bug-fix, I decided to wait and see what happens. So far I got over 24 hours without a problem. But it's too early to say whether it had been solved. I will observe my phone and update in about two days.
For those who haven't received the update, try using the Lumia pusher app pr the manual update search in the settings of Windows Store. Here's good luck for us all! 🍀

Hopefulcustomer

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,
I apologise for my delayed response. I didn't have time to do the software recovery the past few days. However, the day before yesterday, I received an extras+info update and, hopeful that this maybe a clandestine bug-fix, I decided to wait and see what happens. So far I got over 24 hours without a problem. But it's too early to say whether it had been solved. I will observe my phone and update in about two days.
For those who haven't received the update, try using the Lumia pusher app pr the manual update search in the settings of Windows Store. Here's good luck for us all! 🍀

Correction: The update does Not fix the problem. Thank you Microsoft for cheating us of our money.

quangneu

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
In my case, i also have exactly the same problem with you guys. I had to restart my phone at least 4 times a day. However, when I update Preview for developers, the frequent of reboot significantly decreased. Then I do several things and for nearly one week I have got rid of that problem.
1, Change network selection to Manual
2, Update Preview for developers
3, Always turn on 3G and wifi
4, Go to wifi setting, choose Manage then check both 2 boxes
5, install several background app such as : mail, facebook, skype... in order to prevent your phone from going to deep sleep.
I will keep an eye on my device for next few days. But until now, that is a temporarily solution for me. Hopefully it will work for you guys.

GaizkaG

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I faced this problem once or twice. I am in DP. The best solution I found is to enter flight mode, wait a few seconds, and exit flight mode. Networks restart and everything is fine again.

Hopefulcustomer

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I faced this problem once or twice. I am in DP. The best solution I found is to enter flight mode, wait a few seconds, and exit flight mode. Networks restart and everything is fine again.

Dear all,

The Software Recovery Tool does not work.

Thank you all for your suggestions. However you can try the following: I tried the
following steps and it brought me prolonged
network stability: I inserted my old
deactivated sim (I bought a new sim because I
presumed it was a sim error at first) into my SIM2 slot, switched the phone on and off till
the phone recognized it (though it's
deactivated, the sim slot recognizes a signal-
less sim); I waited till the phone directed me
to set up Smart Dual Sim and made sure it was
set to OFF; then I went to SIM 1 settings and manually selected the network and manually
set up both internet and MMS APN; then I
went to SIM 2 settings and switched it OFF. I have so far got over 72 hours of undisturbed
usage. Furthernore, I have Data Sense set to
"Non Specified" and Data Savings to
"Standard". However, I do not know how long
this stability will continue. I hope this might also provide you some
temporary relief. Wish you all the best.

If this fails, I believe our best solution is to get on Developer Preview. It's a joke that we have to buy a phone that is only operable by signing into experimental software.
Thank you

Hopefulcustomer

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

The Software Recovery Tool does not work.

Thank you all for your suggestions. However you can try the following: I tried the
following steps and it brought me prolonged
network stability: I inserted my old
deactivated sim (I bought a new sim because I
presumed it was a sim error at first) into my SIM2 slot, switched the phone on and off till
the phone recognized it (though it's
deactivated, the sim slot recognizes a signal-
less sim); I waited till the phone directed me
to set up Smart Dual Sim and made sure it was
set to OFF; then I went to SIM 1 settings and manually selected the network and manually
set up both internet and MMS APN; then I
went to SIM 2 settings and switched it OFF. I have so far got over 72 hours of undisturbed
usage. Furthernore, I have Data Sense set to
"Non Specified" and Data Savings to
"Standard". However, I do not know how long
this stability will continue. I hope this might also provide you some
temporary relief. Wish you all the best.

If this fails, I believe our best solution is to get on Developer Preview. It's a joke that we have to buy a phone that is only operable by signing into experimental software.
Thank you

Update: So far it's been 10 days of uninterrupted functionality. I hope this will work for you all too. Make sure to leave the second sim in the sim slot but deactivated. Of course, this rules out dual sim capability. But at least we can use the phone as a phone!

Parazels

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
This is the reason why I refused buying the phone. Too many people complain about the troubles.
And ordered Nokia lumia 920))))))

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

m_c_fe

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have the same problem: the phone functionality hangs / freezes sometimes while calling, the call does not succeed and the only way is to reboot the phone via switch off + on or soft reset. Additionally some of my contacts told me that they cannot reach me when calling. I have to reboot the phone once or more times a day.

This problem is really annoying: i need the phone to be able to do and receive calls. I have bought the 730 dual SIM because I travel between two countries and want to carry only one phone. Earlier I was carrying lumia 820 + Nokia E72 and I was really satisfied about them.

It is really a pity because otherwise this phone is really great and good looking. Would strongly recommend it if it was not for this problem.

Microsoft: do the right thing and fix this problem! Thank you in advance.

Aboliss

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I have tried everything to make this issue stop, and I even succeeded for about 8 days, but then it all started again, and even more frequently. So I decided to return the phone and ask for a replacement. I really, really hope that the new unit will not be defective. And I also hope that MS will investigate this issue and resolve it. At least on the preview of W10 if nothing else. Fingers crossed.

Aboliss

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, there is an update for the "network+" and "access point". Can anyone check if this maybe solves the problem? Cheers

Jeevan Rao

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am interesting to buy the lumia 730, i saw the reviews, but almost buyers tells the network problem, how to solve this problem, let me know how to solve this problem, i want to buy the lumia 730. so please tell me the solution.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Bought this phone on the day when it launched in India! I guess on 8th October. Never had any problems! I use 2 Sims! Never happened with me anything like this! Phone works like a charm! Ready to go for Windows 10 ;)
Make sure you guys update the network+ things! Or you have cut your sim card wrong so that its having network issues!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234