First charge time

lynch7

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, got myself the 735 today, my question is how much should the first charge last, should it be 12 hrs? I'm asking, because I almost drain the battery and I gotta go outside tonight and I don't have the time to charge it 12 hrs, is there going to be any problem?

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Really takes a battery a few charges for them to get up to full strength and working. I say if you get it fully charged and leave it on till the last minute and go light on the phone it should be okay..

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Contrary to common beliefs, charging your phone on the first charge can just be done as normal. The phone will stop charging once its full anyway. IIRC, that method is used to extend battery life on Ni-Cad batteries.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Can we keep the mobile on AC charger, even when fully charged.(for max battery life)
Does that deteriorate the battery somehow ?
Or should we take out the charger as soon as it hits 100%

Another question is, for maximum battery output, what percentage (least) should the battery be put back "on charge"? (is that 20 or 30% smthing) ??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can we keep the mobile on AC charger, even when fully charged.(for max battery life)

Another question is, for maximum battery output, what percentage (least) should the battery be put back "on charge"? (is that 20 or 30% smthing) ??

In general, devices stop charging when they hit 100% and hover around that charge. It should be A-OK, plenty charge devices overnight. I have no qualms doing so.

I would just use the battery as you see fit. Charge when its convenient and stuff. These batteries generally don't like constant 100-0% though.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
For maximum life (greatest capacitance life), you should keep them topped off.
Lithiums don't like much discharging.

:)
Fred

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon