Nokia Lumia 730 & 735 Bugs and Defects

ben81

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
You probably need a updated denim version. To get it check the availability in this list.
<link deleted>

And unmark the box in the pfd app will help to find the denim update if it is released.

Hmm, the Update Availability says 'Not available yet' for Release, OS version and Firmware version for Lumia 730 in my country (Czech Republic). I assume we have to wait for Czech Nokia/Microsoft to release the updated Denim version.

Just for info, neither with marked, nor unmarked box in pfd app the phone currently offer any updates. When I marked the box for the first time after entering pfd the phone found and installed around 5 updates.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, the Update Availability says 'Not available yet' for Release, OS version and Firmware version for Lumia 730 in my country (Czech Republic). I assume we have to wait for Czech Nokia to release the updated Denim version.

Just for info, neither with marked, nor unmarked box in pfd app the phone currently offer any updates. When I marked the box for the first time after entering pfd the phone found and installed around 5 updates.

Indeed you have to wait.

Indeed if you enroll in pfd you get (pfd) updates.
But now many people (and i was one of them) who where on pfd and denim was released for there device did not "find" an update but after unchecking the box the phone found the denim update.

wildsdi

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought a dual sim 730 in November, 2014. Was initially very happy with it. Sometime before Christmas, I received an OTA update. That's when all my problems started.
1. My 3G network would automatically become H+, H or E and sometimes no GPRS at all. I often have to restart the phone to get it working again. All settings were perfectly fine.
2. Also the phone became extremely slow. Switch off takes 60 sec and switch on takes 120 sec. Previously it was very fast.
3. What's app stopped updating in the background. Now rectified after an app update.
4. Radio and steps counter when used together would stop working. GPS exercise tracker would also stop working by itself.
5. Photoes are only living images which causes a blur as I or the subject moves and no way to disable.
6. And now there are scratches in the rear camera lens.

NaniAryan

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Other than these issues the very first issues are transitions are not smooth. I am observing lag on start screen and it is more while dragging start screen livetiles and while swipe left on start screen

Dazza_84

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi I hope someone can help, I brought the 735 yesterday and am really enjoying it apart from one problem. When playing music through the phone speaker or headphones on mixradio or even on metro tube I can't seem to change the volume lol. I must be doing something wrong surely?? I know it sounds dumb but I'm not used to windows phone, I've been pressing the volume rocker but nothing is happening lol. Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

SurajKR

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
This bug i found in recent days , i not sure if any had this issue or may not be observed .
i have 730 with one SIM on International roaming and one sim on local country and data is switiched off on both sim
data roaming options set as dont roam and 3g connection 'OFF" and For limitied Wi-fi Connectivity setting set as " dont use cellular Data'
pratically all data options are down . but seems recently couple of days back i get a SMS from my int service provide that you reaching the int roaming data of x money i was shocked and wornding who it can happend and suddenly today data started automatically and my GMail and What's App synced the messages , and verified all the settings were down but still i was able to sent message to another what's up number and recived also .
if any one facing this issue , please let us know and it seems its very risky affar using 730 dual sim when your in int roam ing .

steps which might recreate if you have 2 sims active disable all data plans and check for a week and after a week in data sence app you would see some leage in system .. if any solution avaliable please post because this leaage has costed 3/4 money of the phone it self

Sentient Golf Ball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought a L730 a week ago. It makes soms weird sound while changing rear to fronth camera. Sound is likd "clich" . Same sound while opening maps. I think this is not normal.

I don't hear anything when I use maps, but I hear this sound when opening the camera app and when changing to the front camera. I can't tell if it's coming from the speaker, or if it's the auto-focus(or something) on the rear camera adjusting itself as it starts up/shuts down. I don't know if this is normal behaviour.

Last edited:

Shivansh Bhardwaj

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Can anybody suggest me how to make phone to do write things . I don't know 😞 why it always the Microsoft makes dumb phones . Even with 1 GB of RAM the phone hangs , sticks , freezes & ****in auto reset . Is there any solution for this . I have done hard reset & Nokia care option too .

vag0s

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Reboot issues persist in my Lumia 830 and wife's 735 even after the latest Denim updates. Less frequent but when happen, completely freeze the phone which needs manual soft reset. It is getting disappointing with Microsoft. It feels like those BSOD Win9x days. Such a shame for such great devices.

Avisekh Roy

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got my first W8P a Lumia 730 and after few days of usage I becoming to like it & almost recommend it to others until recenty. I am experiencing exactly the same problem like on this thread, from time to time my phone's cellular+sim settings is deactivated by itself. During this state my phone is unreachable and couldnt make an outgoing call even I had active networks & full networks coverage. If try to dial it doesnt call and it doesnt cancell my currently dialed number. I have to restart the phone by hard pressing the switch to make it usable again. It takes something like 2 minutes to restart. When connecting to WiDi thru Miracast, it will disconnect after few seconds. I had 32gb class10 microSDHC attached, one of the best in the market as they advertized but I suffered accasional crashed with mem-card, had to restart the phone . Checking your phone's network setting from time to time worrying that you may miss an important call is the last thing we want from our phone. I'd like to ask your technical support I supposed I am on the right site, please help, anybody?. Thanks

Facing the same problem.any solution?

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought a L730 a week ago. It makes soms weird sound while changing rear to fronth camera. Sound is likd "clich" . Same sound while opening maps. I think this is not normal.

It's pretty normal. My 620 and 730 both make that click sound. I guess it is the sound made by opening of the lens internally

Vochte

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
lockscreen when calling

When calling with standard phone app or skype, my lumia 730 automatically locks my screen.. How can I fix this?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: lockscreen when calling

When calling with standard phone app or skype, my lumia 730 automatically locks my screen.. How can I fix this?

try removing any screen protectors, cleaning the top part of the glass near the earpiece

sounds like the proximity sensor is on the fritz

ambatipudi

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi.. I have brought Lumia 730 Dual sim three days back. I am facing an issue..that is when i am using wifi/data for some time and if i am switching off after usage, my mobile+SIM settings are getting disabled, and i am not able to call/recieve call unless i reset my device. Could any body plz help me to get out of this issue

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It maybe a SIM problem. Try to have your SIM card replaced. I have similar experiences with my L925 it would sometimes disconnect from network so I asked my service provider to provide new SIM card and that solved it.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It must be the last application you installed. try to uninstall it and see if it does work. If not, backup everything and do a hard reset. If that does not fix it then ask for a replacement unit.

Febi Perdhani

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
It must be the last application you installed. try to uninstall it and see if it does work. If not, backup everything and do a hard reset. If that does not fix it then ask for a replacement unit.
Finally, after I formated the sd card and re-install all the apps, my phone never had any problem again. Thanks!

Btw, how to backup apps on sd card to PC? I didn't see the apps folder on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes