Nokia Lumia 730 & 735 Bugs and Defects

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 730 or 735 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[tip]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/tip]

Himanshu Punetha

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am facing some issues with lumia 730

I bought Lumia 730 on 20th Oct ,
I also bought a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra UHS-1 microSD card to use with the phone.

The problem I am facing is sometimes the screen goes all black while I am using the phone and when I press the Power button it restarts.
This has happened 4-5 times in the span of 3-4 days of testing it.
One time it happened while I was using the backup , other time it happened while using Cortana.
Yesterday when it happened , after restaring it gave an error and asked to fix the memory card , I tried the option but it kept scanning the card and all my apps on SD were not available.
I removed the card and inserted it to my laptop , it was visible there and I ran chkdsk from command prompt , it found some errors in /System Volume Information , I fixed them using the /F option and inserted it back to my phone
It was not showing any error now and worked fine for some time , I started playing a AE 3D Moto Game( installed in microSD card) it worked fine for some time but then again screen went black and phone restarted , again the same error came.

I then formatted the memory card and checked it with a utility h2Testw 1.4 to checked if it was not a fake card , the utility was able to write and verify the 29.7 GB of Data.
Card seems fine according to this.
Can anyone help me regarding the issue ?
Is anyone else also facing the same issue?
The OS version on my phone is 8.10.14167.221 , is it the current stable version?
Could this be a card compatibility issue ? , has anyone faced card compatibility issue with Sandisk Ultra 32 GB UHS-1 microSD card ?

I again formatted the card with SD Formatter and installed , not giving any issues yet from past 4-5 hours , will update if I get the same issue again

Anjani Kumar Thakur

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
change your sd card

your sd card has defects coz i had got a lumia 730 and there are no issues

and if u want to take sd card just take 16gb 64gb because of some hardware spes

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: change your sd card

Yup, I've had the same problems (on my 830) with those Sandisk Ultra cards. Tried two of them. Now using a PNY and no problems at all with it.

:)
Fred

KCNA

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Using a Strontium Nitro 64GB UHS-I 566X MICRO SD CARD (CLASS 10) without any issues. Even hd quality videos stored in the card plays without any stutter.

Anuj mody

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Please do help me
today i bought this beast,its working totally fine but i have huge issue:(.I cant download any app or update any app via WIFI.For other apps the wifi works totally fine(browers,whatsapp etc).If i off the wifi and then download apps from mobile data then i can download it properly.Whats the issue that i cant download via wifi.

RssV

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with Whatsapp voice messaging. When I receive a voice message and put the phone up to my ear, it stills plays loud from the speakerphones... Anyone?

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with Whatsapp voice messaging. When I receive a voice message and put the phone up to my ear, it stills plays loud from the speakerphones... Anyone?

Voice messages do play from speaker phone only. This is the normal functionality even in Android.

RssV

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Voice messages do play from speaker phone only. This is the normal functionality even in Android.

Huh? I'm afraid this is not true.

See this: whatsapp.com/faq/en/wp/23708206

When ou hold the phone up to your ear, you shoudl be able to listen to the message through your phone's speakers (as if you're receiving a call). And if you hold the phone away, it will play loud from the speakerphones...

Manirajs

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi..I purchased this LUMIA 730 a week back. And I feel its really good mobile.

But I am facing couple of issues..
> My browser keep closing in the middle of the run, i am not talking about minimizing, i mean literally closing.
> When i am trying to setup Nokia account its ending up when error message "NETWORK PROBLEM We couldn't complete that operation. Please try again later". But I am connected to both WIFI and mobile data..

Thanks in advance..

Abhishek Wagadre

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought the phone. But im having some battery issues. The battery lasts only for 5-6 hours no matter what app I use. I dont know if its a hardware issue or software. Please help.

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I am having touch issues while charging. When I was typing message while charging phone it automatically typed 5-6 letter when I pressed one and small auto-swipes, automatic back key press when I touch somewhere in bottom area of touch screen. This is only major issue I have. There is rare flickering while using phone at low brightness.

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I am sure many have faced the problem of screen sensitivity going bonkers while charging, i think it has something todo with the power adapter . I used a different charger and it solved my problem.
No Screen flickering on low brightness for me.

PC4U

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi KCNA....I was searching for this topic...I was also planning to buy Strontium 64GB UHS-I 566X MICRO SD CARD (CLASS 10)-SDXC memory card...but read somewhere it is not working fine with Lumia.. But now your post clarified the doubt in my mind. Just tell me which phone u r using the card in? is it Lumia 730?

kevin_1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am facing some issues with lumia 730

I bought Lumia 730 on 20th Oct ,
I also bought a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra UHS-1 microSD card to use with the phone.

The problem I am facing is sometimes the screen goes all black while I am using the phone and when I press the Power button it restarts.
This has happened 4-5 times in the span of 3-4 days of testing it.
One time it happened while I was using the backup , other time it happened while using Cortana.
Yesterday when it happened , after restaring it gave an error and asked to fix the memory card , I tried the option but it kept scanning the card and all my apps on SD were not available.
I removed the card and inserted it to my laptop , it was visible there and I ran chkdsk from command prompt , it found some errors in /System Volume Information , I fixed them using the /F option and inserted it back to my phone
It was not showing any error now and worked fine for some time , I started playing a AE 3D Moto Game( installed in microSD card) it worked fine for some time but then again screen went black and phone restarted , again the same error came.

I then formatted the memory card and checked it with a utility h2Testw 1.4 to checked if it was not a fake card , the utility was able to write and verify the 29.7 GB of Data.
Card seems fine according to this.
Can anyone help me regarding the issue ?
Is anyone else also facing the same issue?
The OS version on my phone is 8.10.14167.221 , is it the current stable version?
Could this be a card compatibility issue ? , has anyone faced card compatibility issue with Sandisk Ultra 32 GB UHS-1 microSD card ?

I again formatted the card with SD Formatter and installed , not giving any issues yet from past 4-5 hours , will update if I get the same issue again

I have the same issue, but without SD card my phone still has this issue.

Adam_WP

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Only annoying thing I've noticed with my 735 is the speaker hissing noise. Very annoying as the actual speaker itself is great quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros