On my Lumia 730 DS why do I get the error message WIFI : NO INTERNET ACCESS?

Lumia_fan_12345

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 DS : WIFI : NO INTERNET ACCESS

Hello,
The WIFI on my new Lumia 730 seemed alright but recently, when it connects to my home WIFI network, it says ?No Internet Access? ? but internet actually works when we browse. But most of the apps, still consider that they don?t have access to internet. On other hand, I have my Lumia 820 running WP8.1 connects just fine to the WIFI network.

Anyone has any thoughts on how to resolve this?

cool4chetan

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 DS : WIFI : NO INTERNET ACCESS

I m also getting same issue. I have wifi 📶 at home which is working properly but not able to connect with mobile 📱. Also I lost network and it force me to restart phone which is another problem. In switching offf the phone it takes too much time and some time I manually remove battery. Do not the reason but it started after I have moved my aps from mobile to phone may be 😓.

cool4chetan

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi . R u still facing this issue or you found any workaround or something ?

I did twice hard reset but problem is there. For time being Whenever my phone 📱 failed to connect to wifi, I manually first disconnect the wifi connection under wifi setting and after few seconds I again try to connect with wifi which is quite working very well. But don't understand what's wrong 👎 with the phone all this problem started after insertion of memory card.First I had inserted Samsung 8 gb class 6 card then after I try with scandisk 16 gb ultra class 10. There is problem in updating and downloading app directly to SD card also. With wifi if u have kept default store location for App in phone it will be downloaded or updated very fats without any error but if app is installed in SD card then definitely you will get error and u have to try again.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This is my opinion.
I think you are in a wifi connection which has strong signal, but server connection (internet) is not so fast. I mean the response of data retrieval is not fast. Thats the problem even when the wifi data plan is very fast. now browser tries to download bits by bits...but apps want continuous connection.

the same has happened to me.. Did u try to go with some other wifi connection

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, even i am suffering from this ridiculous problem, my Lumia 625 worked without any problem on same wifi but Lumia 730 mostly shows "No internet access"

gksnarayanan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue from day one in my Lumia 730. I have another Lumia 620 connected to the same WiFi works without any issues. :unhappy:

Raymond Scott

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with Lumia 735, also from day 1. It will connect, lose its connection and fail to reconnect. A soft reset made no difference, and MS WP Support recommended a hard reset and use of the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

I also found that switching the phone off, and then back on again causes it to find the wifi signals and connect to known networks, but this is obviously impractical for moving in and out of wifi zones. It just displays 'searching...' and does not list any wifi signal, known or unknown.

I haven't noticed the problem being related to anything that I've done with the phone (e.g. I have not inserted a memory card) and I have not ever had this problem with any other Lumia phones (tested and used 5 others). I suspect there is a problem with the wifi drivers which needs a fix, and MS need this to be escalated so that they will investigate the problem properly.

You should all point this out to MS to get it fixed.

Raymond Scott

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Dear all - one thing I tried this week with my new Lumia 735 was to subscribe to Preview for Developers and download any updates available. There were four lined up. After installing, I've found that the phone has been reliably reconnecting to wifi both at home and work. I couldn't say why this is - it may be a fix in one of the update packages, or it might just be a consequence of going through the update process knocked something back into shape. I wanted to try this approach (going forward) first rather than going back to the Nokia recovery tool (going backwards).

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear all - one thing I tried this week with my new Lumia 735 was to subscribe to Preview for Developers and download any updates available. There were four lined up. After installing, I've found that the phone has been reliably reconnecting to wifi both at home and work. I couldn't say why this is - it may be a fix in one of the update packages, or it might just be a consequence of going through the update process knocked something back into shape. I wanted to try this approach (going forward) first rather than going back to the Nokia recovery tool (going backwards).

Too soon, use for 7 to 10 days then we can be sure whether PFD updates will solve this wifi problem. PFD updates contain only general OS updates, wifi drivers are updated by firmware updates. This is not a constant problem, it comes and goes like a ghost.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
wifi issue found
O2 Uk
Lumia 735
Finds home network, connects to home network but phone reports unable to use this connection for internet use ????, checked router, no ip clashes
Most definitely a driver issue, firmware update needed to rectify
Dp will be installed once I have run initial updates as phone is brand new, thank you Microsoft, I am using my data plan for updates which is costly... perhaps I should invoice Ms !

How is a normal purchaser supposed to accept windows phone when the devices don't work with basic wifi connectivity out of the box ??

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
wifi issue found
O2 Uk
Lumia 735
Finds home network, connects to home network but phone reports unable to use this connection for internet use ????, checked router, no ip clashes
Most definitely a driver issue, firmware update needed to rectify
Dp will be installed once I have run initial updates as phone is brand new, thank you Microsoft, I am using my data plan for updates which is costly... perhaps I should invoice Ms !

How is a normal purchaser supposed to accept windows phone when the devices don't work with basic wifi connectivity out of the box ??

Could you ever use you home network?
If so go to SETTINGS > WiFi > manage > and delete under known networks your home network and add it again.
Or
Reset your router and try again
Or
If you have a computer/wifi make a adhoc network and try to connect to that network.
http://techzend.com/create-ad-hoc-wifi-hotspot-windows-81/
http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-210.html

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Could you ever use you home network?
If so go to SETTINGS > WiFi > manage > and delete under known networks your home network and add it again.
Or
Reset your router and try again
Or
If you have a computer/wifi make a adhoc network and try to connect to that network.
Turn your Windows 8.1 PC into a Wifi Router/Hotspot via Connectify
How to Create a Wireless Ad Hoc in Windows 8.1

Harrie, i have already tried all of the examples listed, infact i reset the phone to factory settings 10 minutes after opening the box because i could see there was a wifi issue ( Phone or Denim ?? )

just added DP to see if that would resolve the issue BUT i forgot, the updates are only available via wifi ?? so my 4G cant grab the update... now what

No Wifi, No OTA Update.. my wife always slates WP.. sadly she has good reason

As a last final resort i switched off all my network kit and restarted it... once started i searched for my home wifi on my phone, found it, added my key and bingo ??? for now it has connected and i now have a wifi symbol at the top of the phone, never seen an issue like that before with trying to connect a wifi device to our network but as stated at the moment it is working

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 730 DS : WIFI : NO INTERNET ACCESS

Indeed a very frustrating experience.
I hope the connection stays stable.
And you do not encounter more problems.

Sagar Gupta2

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have found some solution to fix this..
Past 2 days i was facing same issue (was unable to connect to my wifi) but after making some search i found something which worked finally.

Go to Settings and then go to wifi , you will find some options along with your network name.
basically you will find 3 options.
1. Wifi Sense - turn off hotspot and share wifi network.
2. Manage - no changes.
3. Static IP -- turn off configure network settings manually.

you just have to turn off all options in wifi Sense and Static IP.

now restart your phone and enjoy... it worked for me hope this will help others too...!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravi Joshi