Why does the double tap to wake feature have Lag?

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Double tap to wake feature has Lag

I am using Lumia 730.Double tap to wake takes more time than usual to unlock the screen.It has like 0.50 sec lag.Is tis a problem or defect?does all Lumia 730's have this problem or do they work fine in your's?

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Double tap to wake feature has Lag

Yes...Tried those...No change...Sometimes it wont even wake up the pone and i need to press the power button.

ursmdnpavan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
MAke sure the proximity sensor isn't obstructed (probably in the upper part of the device) since double-tap is disabled if the phone thinks its in a pocket for example.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Tap to wake up will always be "slower" than the power button.
The power button is a direct way but tap to wake is a indirect way. The phone first has "recognize" the tapping and that takes "some" time.

Last edited:

chetan sarvaiya

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Same problem in my L730 also. Before I was using L625 in that phone double tap was working very much perfect and accurately.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

That's not lag, that's probably because of the screen technology (OLED). Didn't the 930 have similar behaviour. I remember a video where they compared a 920 and 930 with double tap to wake. The 920 won.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Its not lag, its just that the screen takes a while to turn on itself

No it not that because with the power button the screen does not lag.
It's because the phone needs to "determine" if the double tap is really a double tap and that causes the "lag".

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

No it not that because with the power button the screen does not lag.
It's because the phone needs to "determine" if the double tap is really a double tap and that causes the "lag".
Oh sorry, I didn't see your explanation at the above

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello, A post further up this thread made the point that the proximity sensor could be activated making the double tap to wake slow to react.

Is this what happens when you put the 735 into a pocket? The proximity sensor is activated meaning that the screen cannot accidentally be activated by random movements in a pocket. IS this how this technology works?

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, A post further up this thread made the point that the proximity sensor could be activated making the double tap to wake slow to react.

Is this what happens when you put the 735 into a pocket? The proximity sensor is activated meaning that the screen cannot accidentally be activated by random movements in a pocket. IS this how this technology works?

Yes, the double tap to wake won't wake the phone if the proximity sensor detects something is in the way. Try putting your hand on top of the sensor and double tapping the screen to see for yourself.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett