How to remove the NO SIM CARD #2 icon on the status bar?

JessPH

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I own a dual sim Nokia 730 but i only use one SIM card.

How do i remove the the NO SIM CARD #2 icon on the status bar?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Damn, couldn't you just insert an unactivated sim in slot 2? I am using both sims now but I will try later with an unactivated sim if I can find one. I know I have one somewhere.

CjoAntony

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Man, it's a mobile which gives you an option to put two SIM cards. Better you could have gone for single SIM slot mobile instead. :)

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed when I inserted a second SIM it gave me the option to turn that SIM off. I'll follow up again when I figure out exactly what changes occur when I do.

Edit: So I inserted 2 active SIM cards into my 730. When I turn off 1 of the SIMs the icons are still there. Would be nice if we could change to single SIM mode, but I am fine as is. This will basically be my travel phone so I will mostly be using only 2 SIMs anyway with this phone. Got to admit I am loving the 730. I would consider a 735 as my daily driver if only it had the dedicated camera button.

Last edited:

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It is now 2016 and I have a brand new Lumia 950 XL and that annoying icon is still there! Wake up, Microsoft!

What does mMicrosoft has to do with this??? this is a standard thing. There is a reason why its called DUAL SIM. If you want that icon to be gone, buy a single sim.
Every android phone has this thing. You just have to blame to MS right for everything..

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What does mMicrosoft has to do with this??? this is a standard thing. There is a reason why its called DUAL SIM. If you want that icon to be gone, buy a single sim.
Every android phone has this thing. You just have to blame to MS right for everything..

He just wants to blame. That icon was there to ALWAYS remind you that you only have 1 Sim card. It won't even affect the performance of your phone..

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
He just wants to blame. That icon was there to ALWAYS remind you that you only have 1 Sim card. It won't even affect the performance of your phone..

Tell me about it. Alot of negativity is just been thrown at MS for no reason. Either these people really don't know nothing or they just want blame MS/WP everytime for nothing.

Jesus_r

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
i have the 730 for over a year now.
at the beginnig i asked myself if i couldn?t remove the icon too.
now i read the thread and i had to check if the icon was still there, i totally forgott is there hahah

mrswift91

May 1, 2016
Visit site
That's not true. Most Android phones have software that will automatically hide SIM2 if it doesn't detect SIM2 and that's probably because it was only $125 at Best Buy. It's kind of stupid to not integrate that software. I have owned many many dual sim Android phones.

Microsoft only sells the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL unlocked with DUAL sim. You don't get a choice to choose if you want dual sim or not.

I hate it, it's very ugly and needs to have an option to disable it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos