[L730] uSD card recommendations?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Class 6 is enough

Too slow for the 730's 1080P video recording.
Why you have to go for a low end card when the class 10 32gb is available for 1K.

With class less than 10 you will have problems with video recording and speed of apps installed in memory card.
​your phone will be 'slow'.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah nothing wrong. But no need though. We don't need that high speed photo/video processing in Lumia 730

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah nothing wrong. But no need though. We don't need that high speed photo/video processing in Lumia 730

Maybe you like to have your phone run slow.
Doesnt mean that others would also want to :)

For smooth and fast recording you DO NEED a card with higher speed.

Otherwise your 1080P 30fps camera is useless

Same applies for taking photos also (saving time).

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using a class 4 card and I don't think so that my phone is slow. I don't install apps on SD card. I would go for class 6 if I want to install apps to SD card.

Photos and videos are saved as soon as clicked.

Btw 1 or 2 seconds is not a big deal.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I am using a class 4 card and I don't think so that my phone is slow. I don't install apps on SD card. I would go for class 6 if I want to install apps to SD card.

Photos and videos are saved as soon as clicked.

Btw 1 or 2 seconds is not a big deal.
I used a class 4 on my 735. Apps do load slower and the camera is slower to save media. Using a class 10 is awesome. Its almost as fast as if I was using the internal memory. And you have to remember, even if your cpu is fast, loading times are determined by storage speed. No one wants to see Loading................ For all those extra seconds(that do accumulate). Class 10 cards don't even cost much anyway. Why stop him from get him what he wants?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used a class 4 on my 735. Apps do load slower and the camera is slower to save media. Using a class 10 is awesome. Its almost as fast as if I was using the internal memory. And you have to remember, even if your cpu is fast, loading times are determined by storage speed. No one wants to see Loading................ For all those extra seconds(that do accumulate). Class 10 cards don't even cost much anyway. Why stop him from get him what he wants?

Well, what if OP doesn't want to spend the extra? As long as OP understands the tradeoffs, i'd leave it as opposed to making a 10 sound required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos