Why can't I view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 735?

rjp1977

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 735

I have an issue with my Lumia 735's after updating to the latest OS and apps. They are running 8.10.14219.341. When they are then connected to any PC (mix of 7 and 8.1) they appear in Windows Explorer but when you click on them there is nothing to browse so can't copy off photos and videos. Also, if you try using the Windows Phone App for Desktop then it will not connect and asks for you to unlock the phone, even though it is unlocked.

The only way round this that I have found so far is to completely reset the phone. Once this is done you can connect and browse until the OS is updated.

Are others having this issue? It seems to me to be a problem with compatibility between the OS's but happy to be proved wrong if it's just a setting that I need to change!

Thanks.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 735

I have an issue with my Lumia 735's after updating to the latest OS and apps. They are running 8.10.14219.341. When they are then connected to any PC (mix of 7 and 8.1) they appear in Windows Explorer but when you click on them there is nothing to browse so can't copy off photos and videos. Also, if you try using the Windows Phone App for Desktop then it will not connect and asks for you to unlock the phone, even though it is unlocked.

The only way round this that I have found so far is to completely reset the phone. Once this is done you can connect and browse until the OS is updated.

Are others having this issue? It seems to me to be a problem with compatibility between the OS's but happy to be proved wrong if it's just a setting that I need to change!

Thanks.

I read the exact same post with an 830.Just restarting the phone solves the problem

rjp1977

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't view files in Windows Explorer after update to Lumia 735

Hi
Unfortunately that doesn't solve the issue. Either a soft or hard reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb