735 Incoming Ringtone Disabling

caveman38

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
The phone is a year old and I am running original 8.1 and haven't upgraded to 10. Over the last week, the phone has developed a fault where tones/notifications are disabling. I am missing incoming calls because of it and that is the most important outcome of the fault. Allied to this other tones are missing for example keyboard tapping sounds.
The only way to cure fault is by powering off. It's obvious when powered up that the fault is cleared as the keyboard is audible again. I've had one instance recently where the phone locked up completely and could only be resolved by removing the battery and replacing / re-booting.
I'd rather not have to return the phone to O2 as it is my only phone and would appreciate your help for me to resolve issue myself, please.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Make sure your OS and FW is updated to latest version. Just do a soft reset before charging the device and repeat it after a full charge to keep the phone in tip top shape.

caveman38

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Do you mean latest version of W8.1 or upgrade to W10. Re. FW how do I go about finding whether it has a newer version and how do I install it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, upgrading to 10 may not be the answer here. In fact, 10 may cause more issues than it fixes compared to 8.1. I'm not sure what's up here...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb