How to get your Nokia 800 in the US

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's simple: Re-up your contract with a phone on your GSM provider (ie: ATT) with whichever phone you find has the highest spread between eBay and contract price. Sell your 'new' phone on eBay and use the difference to pick up your new Nokia 800. Here's an example:

IPhone 4s on contract: $199
Current approximate eBay 'new' price ~$600 US

420.00 euros for the Nokia 800 is equivalent to 584 United States dollars
The extra $15 can help pay for shipping :) enjoy your new Nokia

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with the topic. Its not illegal or against forum rules. I've done it two time before. At&t doesn't care, as long as you sign your soul over for another two years.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I need to start doing the the same thing. I got some older cell phones I need to put up for sale. collect money to buy by the phone outright
That's why I always buy my phones outright and get a 30 day and out contract. :D

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I need to start doing the the same thing. I got some older cell phones I need to put up for sale. collect money to buy by the phone outright

I have a couple of unlocked/unbranded GSM Treo Pro's and a Treo 700 I need to put on eBay.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There's absolutely nothing wrong or illegal about buying a phone on contract and then selling it. The whole reason carriers sell their phones at a subsidized price is to get you to sign a contract to purchase service for x number of months. That contract is still in effect regardless whether you use that phone you bought or any other.

It should be said that it's also perfectly legal to terminate your service and pay the early termination fee. Your contract should make it clear that the ETF is not a penalty. It doesn't affect your credit or put you in bad standing in any way. It's simply a fee you agree to pay if you end your service early.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol, thanx. I knew I wasn't breaking any rules when I posted it. Hope you all get an awesome new mango phone.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs