Lumia 800 on Bell network

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the Lumia 800 that can test this for me?

I want to get one (probably get my gf's dad to bring it from Taiwan when he comes over), but I'm alittle afraid that once I get it, it won't work on Bell...

I think imei can be used to check through their site, here:
Will my mobile phone or smartphone work on the Bell network?

look for the link "See if your device is compatible"

Thanks a bunch (may be I should just suck it up and pay the termination charge and go rogers instead...=..=)

nurium

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Bad news I'm afraid - I checked and got this message:

It seems this device xxxxxxxxxxx Nokia Corporation is not compatible with the Bell network.
To be absolutely certain, please visit a Bell store. Or check out the great lineup of mobile phones available on the Bell network now.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Bad news I'm afraid - I checked and got this message:

It seems this device xxxxxxxxxxx Nokia Corporation is not compatible with the Bell network.
To be absolutely certain, please visit a Bell store. Or check out the great lineup of mobile phones available on the Bell network now.

nnuuuuuoooOOOO.... ack, I knew it... Thanks for checking for me :)
Bell currently have... 0 windows phone :(
the network that has the most restriction and decides to go narrow on cell select, not good

I guess I'll wait and see if Bell gets anything next year, if not I'm going Rogers instead...

Thanks again

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Bell specs
UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, or LTE technology at 1700 AWS.

Lumia 800 specs
WCDMA
EDGE Class B
GPRS Class B
HSUPA Cat6 5.76 Mbps
HSDPA Cat10 14.4 Mbps
WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Dual Transfer Mode (MSC 32)

GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA Band V (850)
WCDMA Band I (2100)
WCDMA Band II (1900)
WCDMA Band VIII (900

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Im not sure why its saying its not compatible. Its a GSM phone that comes unlocked & has all the right bands (minus the LTE). There's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Maybe since the phone is so new their system doesn't even know what it is?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
@@, i hope Bell just forgot to put the imei for the 800 into their database (crossing my fingers)

anyone got the phone willing to go to Bell and harass them for a sim card just to test out their network for the public?(me :p)

or may be i should just get the phone and jump ship if they don't support it...

Lumia and Microsoft

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
@@, i hope Bell just forgot to put the imei for the 800 into their database (crossing my fingers)

anyone got the phone willing to go to Bell and harass them for a sim card just to test out their network for the public?(me :p)

or may be i should just get the phone and jump ship if they don't support it...
Telsus has the Lumia 800 and why Bell is choosing not to support it is there loss.

Dimensionz

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Im using an unlocked lumia 800 on the Bell network. Just took my old sim and cut it and popped it in. Working fine. Wished i got the 900 though to take advantage of the LTE.
Msg me if you have any more questions.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Bell network support best connectivity and it also support 3G that works perfectly. After unlocking my Nokia Lumia 800 I will be use bell network because I know its features.

Last edited:

knapperbot

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
You will have everything except MMS. I am using it on the Virgin Canada network, which is bell, and there is no MMS at all supported. At least until we get the Network Setup back. :(

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
um... just to update guys... this post from me was from 11/18/2011 when there were literally no Lumias in Canada (and of course like all things, a month after I got my hand on one Telus and Rogers started carrying wp =..=)

but I really do appreciate all the help you guys are providing :) thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb