Lumia 800 screen/rendering problems?

kondencuotas

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if you have the same problem - if I go to the browser or email and zoom it in to the max and swipe the page to the very right, I can see some weird green stripes happening next to the text (especially if the text color is black). Looks like rendering problem.

I've tried going to 2 phone stores where they have lumia 800 - I saw the same problem. Do you have the same thing?

BTW it (the green stripes) do not look that obvious when the screen brightness is set to the highest. If it's medium or low - the stripes are more visible.

Thanks

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
That would be the crappy pentile display which the Lumia uses. It has one less subpixel per pixel than a regular display, resulting in pixellation, weird colour fringing and patterns on solid colours. It also means that if you consider one pixel to have 3 subpixels, the Lumia has an effective pixel density of about 170 ppi. I compared it with a Titan, and the Lumia looked more pixelated.

Its a shame really. I love the design of the phone, but the pentile screen ruins it for me :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo