Latest Nokia Lumia 800 Update Breaking Battery Strength Indication?

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have received nothing but benefits from the update. The issue previously was poor battery life and a really annoying sense of the jitters. Take the chance update if you find it causes more problems than it solves just roll back... No great shakes.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's got to be a language/translation problem. The update worked on his SFR-FR unit, which is obviously a French phone on the French SFR wireless carrier. It didn't work on on his TIM-IT which is obviously an Italian phone on the Italian IT wireless carrier.

Sounds like they rushed this update out without fully testing it.

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My battery status is no more broken after the update than it was before (reads "Charged 65535%"), so nothing to worry about for me.

colin002

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone was totally fine until this update. Now I see a constant '?' on the battery icon. Going to 'Battery saver' reveals around 20% even though I've been charging for hours.

Rolled back the installation, even did a full Reset, then reapplied the update. Same problem. My phone is from HK.

The phone doesn't even know it is being charged, unlike before it beeps when you plug it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills