My Lumia won't turn on :(

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep... and I am super sad.

I got mine unlocked from the UK, using it in the US. Had it for a little over a week and it worked fine. Then it had that annoying issue with the wifi disappearing and you can't turn it back on. So I powered the phone off to power it back on and get my wifi reset. That was 4 days ago. Phone never turned on again.

I've tried everything. Plugging it to the charger for a while (ranging from 10 mins to 8 hours) and then unplugging and holding down the power button anywhere from 12 seconds to 3+ mins. Nothing. I left the phone unplugged (drain battery) for 2 days (battery was almost empty anyway when it died) and then plugged it back in for 4 hours. Nothing.

Does anyone have any clue what's going on here? Did the battery die and somehow won't charge? Something blow up in the phone? Not sure how that's possible given the phone was fine up to that point.

My options now are to attempt to return it to Phones4U in UK (via a friend that lives there). I've never dealt with them (my brother bought it for me) and I don't know how "nice" they are considering I don't have the receipt :/ I am trying to get Nokia Care to help me as well.

I appreciate any ideas/thoughts. I went back to my iPhone 4 for now. There was no way I was going back to that Plastic mess that is my old Samsung Focus. Not after the Lumia.

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nokia customer service would be really the only thing i could think to do with such a new phone.
Unless you can ship it back to your brother and he can return/replace it.

dreamerbala

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I would put my bet on Nokia. In my experience, Phones4U are really only good till you sign the contract. They are horrendous to deal with after the purchase. Saying that, it could very well be just the store at the place where I live

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything you could think of yeah. The two buttons hold down, the three button hold down. I even put an elastic band on the power button to hold it down for like an hour haha. Nothing worked. Phone 100% dead.

I am talking to Nokia Care in the UK at the moment. I will send the phone to a friend in the UK which they can then pick up from and return to and then he can ship it back to me. Only way at the moment.

Still a bit sad that this had to happen. It's the best phone I've ever owned.

malik2k1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey!

If you phone is low on battery, the phone won't turn on until it has some juice. Plug in the phone and let it charge up a bit and turn it on as you would normally. Should turn on.

Its happened to me a couple of times and after charging it for a bit, I unplugged the phone and turned it on and plugged it in again once it booted.

Hope this helps.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
In my case, something truly died in it. I plugged it in for as long as 8 hours and still didn't help. O think the charging circuits died or something. Oh well, its being exchanged now.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 800 using Board Express

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Try this?

My Lumia phone switched off because the battery was completely drained and now nothing seems to happen when I connect it to charger. What should I do? - Nokia FAQ Average RatingIf the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is displayed or before any calls can be made. In some cases where the battery is extremely low, one of the following tricks may resolve your issue.

•Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable that came in the sales package with your Lumia phone. If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging, you may need to connect the cable, then disconnect and reconnect it.

•Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds, and then press to turn on your phone again.

•Your PC should detect your phone when it is connected using a USB cable, if this is not happening you can manually switch the phone into specific mode following these steps:
1. Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the camera button.
3. Continue holding down the camera button and connect the USB cable between your phone and PC.
4. Continue holding down the camera button until you see the connect-to-computer screen on your Lumia phone display.
5. Release the camera button.
6. The Zune software on the PC should automatically detect your phone now and charging indicator appears on the display.

If the tricks above does not help, you will need to contact your local Nokia Care. You can find details by clicking the Contact us link in the support pages of the Nokia website for your country.

Note: Your battery has been partially charged at the factory but when taking your new device into use, please keep the charger connected for 30 minutes. It is recommended to use original charger (AC-16).

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 Charging Issue - Nokia Support Discussions

Mackman900

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
stranded

ok so my nokia lumia900 wont charge up or boot up again since i last had it charged abt 11 hrs ago infact i noticed that the battery percentage started to decrease while on charge and not in use,,, rethink possible screen jus pops on n off,,, this is very upsetting being that im new to windows and still trying to cope with previous upsets,, my patience for developers n just the overall phone which i loved so much is dying, along with my battery can anyone help?

naresh vavilala

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well.. i got the same issue today. It was working early in the morning. I am not sure what happened but suddenly i see a blank screen. It is fully charged and wont turn on. Planning to go to AT&T and see what they can do with this phone.

ujjwalb

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
happened with my phone too...
i charged it completely and then after sometime when i tried to use it.. it just refused to turn on!
tried everything possible.. but i couldnt get the phone to respond!
i have given it to nokia care right now.. and they say its a hardware problem!

PS: My phone is just 2 months old!

Melisa Sims

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
had the same problem. ive tried everything, soft, hard reset, even i opened it, unplugged the battery (dont have any tester, maybe the problem its there), plugged it back and nothing.
The cellphone was fully charged and i was playing music only, suddenly turned off ...and here i am, with an expensive paperweight :(

help?

MUEED1508

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
this phone is a **** yaaaar... facing same problem with so many other. WIFI searching i turned wifi off suddenly phone hanged i turned it off to make things work now it refused to turn on ... nothing is happening

Sameer Ahmed10

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am from India. I do have same phone with me Nokia lumia 800
but its display is damaged.. if u wish to take it u can take or if want to give your phone . that will be helpful
.my phone no. is

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb