I got two quick questions about this phone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
1- Does it gets dirty easily? I'm salivating at the Cyan one but I imagine it getting quite dirty over time.

2- Is the phone slippery? I know is plastic but it lacks any sort of texture.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I find the screen to be quite easy to keep clean to be honest, of course it gets finger prints but generally it is kept clear just by keeping in your pocket or whatever, or a quick wipe on your trousers or something. I don't know about the body really, I've a black one so cant really comment.

I've not found the phone to be slippery, not any more than any other phone anyway. It fits very well in the hand, it would be hard not to have a good grip on it.

Hope this helps :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, my current phone is metal so is very slippery so I have to have an ugly cover. When I get my Lumia ( assuming it comes to my carrier or a non AT&T/Verizon one ) I want the world to see it's beauty.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
1- Does it gets dirty easily? I'm salivating at the Cyan one but I imagine it getting quite dirty over time.

2- Is the phone slippery? I know is plastic but it lacks any sort of texture.

I have a black one, so it may be difficult to spot any dirt, but after a quick look-over, it doesn't seem to attract any.

The casing is polycarbonate, which gives it an amazing grip. It doesn't slip at all, even with some sweat on your hands.

It also comes with a gel case that fits like a glove and almost appears to be the phones natural exterior if you're paranoid about dropping or damaging the phone, but I haven't found a need for it.

colin002

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you done your research properly, the casing is polycarbonate to be precise. That means you probably wouldn't find any grippier phones out there.

The polycarbonate ain't glossy so it's quite hard to get dirt on, but the glass is just like any glass, it's touchscreen, so fingerprints is something you would expect.

But then, I'm using black one, so cyan could be a different story and unwanted pigments could be more conspicuous.

If stubborn paint does get onto your cyan casing, then the very last resort could be sanding it off haha. Mind you, the polycarbonate itself is cyan, so it would still have the same colour if parts of it is to be shaved off.

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Like most smartphones, your biggest problem with dirt is going to be fingerprints on the glossy touchscreen!

However, I've 'cleaned' the screen on my Lumia 800 by just rubbing it against my shirt on several occasions - and most importantly this has NOT resulted in any scratches or scuffing of the screen, and I'm using it without a screen protector!

I find the 'grippiness' to be acceptable, but not /the/ most grippy phone I've used, however the soft case that ships with the phone is precisely moulded to be the same shape as the body of the phone itself, so it looks like you aren't using a case at all, but the case is rubberised to add grip :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99