A what rate is your Lumia 800's battery discharging?

shubhashish

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

My Nokia Lumia 800 is discharging quite fast even if I am not using the phone at all. I think on an average it is discharging at a rate of 220-250 mA (checked from diagnostics ##634#). I tried switching off the 3G and used EDGE but it is still discharging at this high rate.

Could you guys tell me battery dicharge rates of your phones so that I could compare and see if my phone has some issue or this is the same all over.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It is the single biggest issue I have with the Lumia and one that means I cannot recommend it over the Omnia. The Drive and Music apps are good draws but also ones that will drain that battery more.

I am however sticking with it and have my Omnia nearby but I really do miss the excellent battery life of the Omnia.

My current discharge is 230 which is about the norm and I have everything turned on. I am hoping this fix will optimise the power a bit more and give me that extra 300mAh as currently it only charges to around 1200.

baba.bhagat

Banned
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here, my phone discharges with 250 mA on average and NEVER got below 180 mA. Turning on airplane mode, turning on battery saving mode and even turning down the screen brightness don't change this value by more than approx. 30 mA. Sometimes it stays on 350 mA for pretty long, even though I don't have any background tasks running.

The reading seems to be accuracte given that my battery will last for about 5-6 hours if I leave the screen on at all time.

Anybody got an idea what could be discharging my phone so fast? I even reset my phone and it is discharging at this high rate right away without me changing anything.

Could you all please post your discharging rate (and mention brightness and network settings)?

Last edited:

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
How long have You had it by now? 1-2 weeks?

Usually that is the time I give a new battery to get going. The first week is always really bad. At least for me (li-ion batteries)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

baba.bhagat

Banned
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Two days :)

I didn't know that the rate at which the phone discharges is influenced by the battery, I thought the only thing changing with time would be the maximum battery capacity, which was 1480 when I first fully charged the phone.

Last edited:

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
u got lucky with 1480 on first full charge, im still at 982 lol
but mine discharges at 140~220 depending on what i have on so its not so bad... hopefully the update comes out soon

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm regularly seeing 2-300 on my discharge reading. Bitterly disappointed with the battery performance. Leaving the house at 8am and returning from work at 6 with 20-30% remaining. A huge difference coming from Symbian. Really hoping this update improves things or else im going to go with a different device.

baba.bhagat

Banned
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My initial full charge capacity of 1480 mAh came down to 1370 mAh now. But just to let everone know:

The battery on my Nokia Lumia 800 lasts considerably longer than both my Google Nexus One (Android) and also on my iPhone 3G. You really can't compare it to Symbian or other feature phones unfortunately.

gangeox

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont know how to do the discharge information , but after a full charge, showing 100% it tells me that i have 1 day 17 hours left!!
thats bad enough.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how to do the discharge information , but after a full charge, showing 100% it tells me that i have 1 day 17 hours left!!
thats bad enough.

Mine says that as well, but it usually lasts 2 + 1/2 days instead lol
otoh, did U just get a second hand 800? This thread is like... from a year ago

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb