special tiny sim

freedomx20a

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I heard the lumia has a special small sim? Is this true. I have bb torch atm and I wanna buy a lumia 800. I'm in toronto canada on Rogers. Any advice?:D

M

mkr10001

You can get them to send you a micro sim, you can carefully cut your own sim card down, probably some templates on the internet. Or you could buy a sim card cutter off ebay

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that was a royal pain in the arse for me. Had to send a guy to the local T-Mobile shop prove his life story then pay to then claim it back... Or have your phone potentially turn off whilst you wait for an overnight microsim that might not arrive.

This was the T-Mobile UK experience othersw will vary.

TheSmartGuy

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
cool thanks guys. I wonder if a ORANGE UK Lumia after I unlock will work with Rogers? It should right? :confused:

I am using a european unlocked Lumia 800 on Rogers. No issues what-so-ever. All you will have to do is get them to turn off "name display" and keep the "caller id" service. That is because Rogers/Fido uses a different standard for Name Display on international calls and they will show up as "Unknown" or "Pay Phone".

3G and all the features work. People who say that 3G wont work, have not used a non-UMTS unlocked device in North America.

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
3G and all the features work. People who say that 3G wont work, have not used a non-UMTS unlocked device in North America.

That would really depend on the frequency bands that your carrier uses and the bands that the phone supports.
Example: in the US, T-mobile and AT&T use different frequencies for 3G. So, unless you have a pentaband phone (like the Galaxy Nexus or others), your phone may not get 3G speeds on both carriers. The unlocked IPhone for example doesn't support the 3G frequency bands that T-mobile has, so that doesn't get 3G speeds on T-mo's network

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro