Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Confirmed on Nokia UK's Facebook page.

Nokia UK | Facebook

Just Sharing :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    welsbloke likes this.

ooo good, i'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this and notify my sister so she doesn't go into rage mode about batteries (just got her on to wp last sat, so ill have to keep her happy then may be she'll turn some of her friends too :P)

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Next two weeks......
  4. mkr10001
    Yep, done mine. Will need to see how it performs tomorrow.

I have been playing a lot of Word by post at work over 3g which muuurrrders my battery. I had the live tile turned on but had to turn it off now. :(
  5. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by germcevoy View Post
    Next two weeks......
    Not sure what this post means....I'm assuming he thinks you are wrong about it starting today and in fact starts within the next 2 weeks...if so....he is wrong
  6. mkr10001
    I will tell you though, my softkeys don't light up unless brightness is on low or automatic. automatic brightness is very low anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    Not sure what this post means....I'm assuming he thinks you are wrong about it starting today and in fact starts within the next 2 weeks...if so....he is wrong
    He means that it can be any time within the next two weeks, which is correct. The roll out starts today, but there is no guarantee that it will be today for most people.

"We are excited to announce that starting today and rolling out over the next two weeks we will be releasing the second software update for the Lumia 800. After already setting the pace for smartphones in 2011 we wanted to start 2012 as we mean to go on, by enhancing performance and usability. With enhanced battery life and greater Wi-Fi connectivity this update will allow you to get even more out of your Lumia 800."

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Some reports that 8107 and the battery fix may be rolling out in one single update.
  9. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by mprice86 View Post
    He means that it can be any time within the next two weeks, which is correct. The roll out starts today, but there is no guarantee that it will be today for most people.

"We are excited to announce that starting today and rolling out over the next two weeks we will be releasing the second software update for the Lumia 800. After already setting the pace for smartphones in 2011 we wanted to start 2012 as we mean to go on, by enhancing performance and usability. With enhanced battery life and greater Wi-Fi connectivity this update will allow you to get even more out of your Lumia 800."
    Yeah I know it will be rolling out but the way he put his post with dots after gave it a negative impression, as if he was trying to correct the thread without directly doing so.

It IS starting/has started today.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    It means it could take two weeks before everyone is able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by germcevoy View Post
    Some reports that 8107 and the battery fix may be rolling out in one single update.
    Correct, if installed via Nokia Care Suit, dunno about Zune.

Edit: Actually some are also saying that they're getting one and not the other. I did the disconnect trick and it's updating to 8107 as I type, will report back about firmware version.

Edit 2: Got 8107 & new firmware in one update.
    Last edited by RustyU; 01-18-2012 at 03:40 PM.
  11. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyU View Post
    It means it could take two weeks before everyone is able to get it.
    Yeah it just came across rather rude. What's wrong with saying...."It might take a few weeks for everyone to get the update" rather than a short angry post with a thousand ......'s

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Yeah it just came across rather rude. What's wrong with saying...."It might take a few weeks for everyone to get the update" rather than a short angry post with a thousand ......'s
    Apologies.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Left my phone on my desk at work! Fingers crossed this makes a big difference.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Better MVNO support now, my phone tile displays Giffgaff instead of O2-UK.

so my battery is fixed by the update now at 1478 from 9xx, i do have the soft touch key not lighting up issue along with the dimmer auto brightness thing, any other issues people encounter that i should know about?

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    No update for me yet, same as last time. Obviously whatever criteria it goes by means I'm always in the second batch! Bah!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I left my phone in the office last night this morning it was still on although battery saver was on. Plugged into my laptop and was offered the update and installed it no issues.

I have not observed any of the issues and I have tried to replicate some of them so currently nothing to report on those specific issues.

My Lumia did suffer some lockups recently which I attributed to receiving calls in areas of low signal as that seemed the only common denominator. So will look out for this issue reappearing.

Obviously my battery is pretty flat right now so the phone is charging. The Nokia Diagnostics used to report 65K as its Charged % that now reads a more believable number currently mine is n ow 21% rising from 19% when I first noticed it.

The Battery Capacity Full charge was 1500 something it now reads 1483 now I will need to see if the Remaining charge when fully charged exceeds the old value and gets closer to that 1483 number.

So currently I can only report that they fixed the Charged % number in the Nokia Diagnostic app :)

Can those who got the battery update confirm if it also updated the OS version to .8107? Curious to see if they're bundled or separate. Thanks in advance :)

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mprice86 View Post
    Can those who got the battery update confirm if it also updated the OS version to .8107? Curious to see if they're bundled or separate. Thanks in advance :)
    Edit 2: Got 8107 & new firmware in one update.
    ;)

;)
    Ahh, sneaky edit. That'll teach me for posting before I'm fully awake. Cheers RustyU :)
    Also posted this in the comments section of the "Windows Phone 8107 rolling out for unlocked and beyond" article. I figured it was relevant to both the article and this discussion. Hope this does not annoy anyone.

Nokia Lumia 800 on 3 UK. Not sure if the phone is locked, but it is branded with the 3 splash screen. I did have a quick look for a non-3 sim card to test whether it is locked or not, but could not find one.

Just updated to OS version 7.10.8107.79 which also included the Nokia firmware update to 1600.2483.8106.11500.

The updates seem to of fixed an issue I had when scrolling length ways up and down the screen. If I scrolled and left my finger on the screen, the screen would shift up and down for as long as I kept my finger on the screen. This never happened while swiping the width of the screen. I wonder if this problem was related to the disappearing keyboard issue. However, this problem did not alway occur and I have just updated the phone, so I can not say for sure that it has been fixed.

Additionally, the battery status tool in the diagnostics app now shows a 'Full Charge Capacity' of 1483, previously it ranged between 1507 and 1524. Unfortunatelty, I have not received the updated battery status tool that displays a graph even though I uninstalled and reinstalled the diagnostics app, which is susposed to correct this according to a seemingly knowledge person on the Nokia Disscussions forums. (Edit: I actually do have the graph. I did not see that it is actually under 'Detailed Battery Info' in the diagnostics app, which I do not remember seeing before.)

Like other people have noted, the soft keys no longer display when the brightness is set to medium or high. However, I think this was done on purpose as the only time most people would set the screen brightness to medium or high is when they are using the phone under bright light and illumination would not be necessary. Moreover, I think the sensitivity of the automatic brightness setting has been adjusted and now selects a more accurate screen brightness setting, well in my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Oliver Sainsbury; 01-19-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: 1. Correct a mistake about a missing part of an app. 2. Spelling

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    OS Version after Nokia Update
    7.10.7740.16 so not 8107 for me and I did not try to trick it.
    Firmware 1600.2483.8106.11500
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

So do you think it has improved things for your 800 or do you need a little more time to
    test your battery out maybe ?

Maybe another little update will be forthcoming from Nokia.

Anyway thanks for sharing your findings so far, and welcome along to WPCentral Oliver Sainsbury. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    The jittering scrolling thing you mention can be reproduced, you need to have the phone plugged in. Mine still does it after the update.

I had to uninstall & reinstall the diag app to get the battery graph, so whoever mentioned that is right, dunno why it's not working for you though.

I think you're right about the soft key lights, that was my first thought too.
    @TheWeeBear I need more time to determine if the update has fixed things. However, it will be difficult for me to say whether or not the battery has improved as I have only had the phone for 8 days and apart from yesterday I have done nothing but play with it. Yet, yesterday (pre-update) I was able to get the phone to last 17 hours with moderate use, which included a bit of messaging, listening to Nokia Mix Radio, and some messing around just for the enjoyment of it. So, I guess I never really had a serious battery issue, even though it would not charge past 1343 mAh prior to the update.

@RustyU I am glad to hear that someone else had the jittery scrolling problem, I tried searching for it yesterday but only found one post mentioning it and no helpful information (not on this forum). I will try and reproduce the problem when it is plugged in some other time, right now I want to leave it off the charger to test the battery. However, I noticed the scrolling issue pre-update when the phone was not plugged in and did not notice it when the phone was plugged in post-update. That said, it was an intermittent problem so it might appear again at some time in the future.

Also, I update my post to reflect my finding the new and improved battery status tool.

I am happy to hear you thought the same thing about the soft keys.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast