Nokia Lumia 800 Bundle - Microsoft Stores $899 (From February 14th)

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I know, the black Lumia 800 itself can be had for $599 (Expansys US)

Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone 16GB Black (Unlocked, 1900/2100 3G) #NOK800BK16GB - Expansys USA

Not in stock at the moment. Cyan coloured handsets are $100 more and in stock.

It's like free market capitalism is running in reverse in the U.S. right now. It's like follow the leader and see who can get the highest price.

If he can get $599, I should be able to get $625. If he can get $625, I should be able to get $650. If he can get $650, I should be able to get $675... and so on...

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, Nokia/MS have lost their minds and a customer......I guess I will be staying with my Pre 2/3 for another 6 months or so, until Nokia decides to give us an under 4.0" screen in the US that doesn't cost us a ridiculous amount of $.....

Very disappointed here....For those of us that want a WP in the US, but do not want to hold a "tablet" to our ears (900, TITAN, etc) we are left with the 710....Oh well...I tried....back to WEBOS....

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, Nokia/MS have lost their minds and a customer......I guess I will be staying with my Pre 2/3 for another 6 months or so, until Nokia decides to give us an under 4.0" screen in the US that doesn't cost us a ridiculous amount of $.....

Very disappointed here....For those of us that want a WP in the US, but do not want to hold a "tablet" to our ears (900, TITAN, etc) we are left with the 710....Oh well...I tried....back to WEBOS....

That would be webOS, kind sir, webOS. :)

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Retarded.

Especially as it only runs AT&T 3G bands. You could make an argument that buying this then going on T-Mobile's discounted "bring your own phone" plans would save you lots money (which is true) but you'd be missing out on 3G, which for this day and age is a non-starter.

AT&T doesn't give a monthly discount for bringing your own phone, so you are much better off just getting a subsidized phone on contract.

This should be $400 unlocked with no bundle and you'd move units.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You also have to consider that year of Zune Pass for free because that promotion runs til the 14th, correct?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Your right. I'd start it at $589. If the demand wasn't there after two weeks I'd drop it to $489. Then a month later if it wasn't moving, to your price, like $399

That's bad for perception. I can see the engadget articles now: "Lumia 800 a dud, second price drop in xx weeks"

At this point MS/Nokia should be alright with taking small margins for the trade-off of moving units and building buzz.

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That's bad for perception. I can see the engadget articles now: "Lumia 800 a dud, second price drop in xx weeks"

At this point MS/Nokia should be alright with taking small margins for the trade-off of moving units and building buzz.

At $899 I guarantee that the 800 in the US will be a dud anyway......

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

You're right, that probably would happen. Smaller margins to sell units and get people interested seems the smarter route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)