Nokia Lumia 800 Completely Frozen

phendrome

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

My Lumia 800 is completely frozen, I can't do anything at all.

I was browsing the Internet and I just finished watching a video on YouTube and went back to the browser.

I was listening to music in the background as well (through Zune) and after a few seconds everything just stopped operating within the phone - even the music.

I made a video to demonstrate the issue here: Nokia Lumia 800 Completely Frozen - YouTube

What to do? I can't seem to turn off the phone in any way.

Edit: A soft reset worked. Hold down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds and it should restart successfully.

Last edited:

SaPlaneGuy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

My Lumia 800 is completely frozen, I can't do anything at all.

I was browsing the Internet and I just finished watching a video on YouTube and went back to the browser.

I was listening to music in the background as well (through Zune) and after a few seconds everything just stopped operating within the phone - even the music.

I made a video to demonstrate the issue here: Nokia Lumia 800 Completely Frozen - YouTube

What to do? I can't seem to turn off the phone in any way.

Edit: A soft reset worked. Hold down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds and it should restart successfully.

This happened to me exactly yesterday. I was fiddling with my headphone which cut out due to the wire being sketchy. Maybe WP7 has trouble when it the headphones disconnect/reconnect too quick (quicker than if you actually unplug/replug)?

cotado

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same problem, texting and listening to Zune, phone froze.

Holding down the volume key and the hold for 15 sec reset the phone.

Mariee2453

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My nokia lumia 800 has frozen as well, i was listening to music and the music just cut out, now my phone isnt working at all its just frozen, i have tried to hold down the power and down volume botton but it isn't restarting? any other ideas of how to fix this problem? without having to take in for repair?
Please help :(

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is technically on but freezing, and the soft reset doesn't work, you could try the instructions here if you're familiar with Navifirm and Nokia Care Suite
[GUIDE] How to flash a dead Lumia 800 RM-801 - xda-developers

Basically it details a Nokia firmware recovery procedure if the firmware on your phone screws up. You would need to ensure you download the exact same firmware as your phone (Nokia Care Suite can give you the serial code, which you can then look up on Navirfirm).

This procedure helped when I did a firmware update on my phone which had worked previously, but which for some reason decided to make my phone cycle on and off without allowing me to use it. I copied my firmware files to a RM-817 folder which enabled Nokia Care Suite to perform a firmware recovery that it otherwise wouldn't have been able to do :)

Jenni Huntington X

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine froze during listening to must like many others and the holding keys thing works it took longer that 15 seconds but if u keep holding them down it shuts if eventually!THANKS :) x

Thierno Barry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have exactly the same problem right now, I have tried holding the down volume + power button. the power button alone for 1 mit. the camera button. and honestly my battery was fully charged. it just went off when I was listening to music. it won't charge either. I am not supposed to be out of communication.

Guess what, I just warmed it a bit on fire and it's back.

Last edited:

levij1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Had this exact problem. Was listening to music on phone and browsing internet suddenly screen froze.
Tried power off button for 10 seconds didn't do anything tried all three buttons didn't do anything! The phone was completely frozen for approx. 20 mins and then I held down all three buttons again ( vol + Power) for 20 seconds and the phone rebooted this is the second time I have had to reboot but its never been un-responsive for this long!!!
Really worrying considering nokia say their lumia shouldn't freeze as it runs on os?

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I cannot possibly thank you enough for taking the time to update your post with the solution. I am preparing for a trip to attend my brother's wedding (after which I am having major surgery - I kid you not); my day, seriously, involved a baby fox in the barn (found DEC icensee to come and get him), a chipmunk in the house, and then when I thought nothing else could go wrong, around midnight my doorbell rang so strangers could tell me that my neighbor's donkeys were in my front yard. I reached for my phone to call the neighbor - no music playing, no YouTube, I haven't even learned how to do any of that on the phone yet - and my Nokia lumina FROZE. I am trying to round up donkeys by myself, I haven't packed, I am realizing I will get no sleep tonight, and am contemplating driving across the state, finding, and being at the wedding with no phone, no camera, no video, no way to show family members any photos of my home, etc. and no way to contact anyone since I can't access any of the numbers. An hour and a half later, donkeys walked home on dark 4th of July road by neighbor, I tried the internet in desperation, and your post FIXED THE WHOLE THING. I wish you total good karma and anything else you want in life. You did me a good turn with that post edit. Thanks.

Ceta Millington

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you ever so much for this invaluable advice,my husbands lumia 800 turned itself off whilst listening to a music cloud app and froze that way,your advice got it back on and working again,really can't thank you enough,you've saved me a trip to my local(ish) phone shop and a bill for I don't know how much...Thank you =)

Anusha Mukundan

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I just faced a similar problem with my phone too. Its been a year and I never faced any problem with this phone. I was shocked! Thanks a lot for the solution!:smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3