MS Store Bundle

SDSUjong53

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
They do exist

I was actually the first one that asked about the bundle at the Microsoft Store in San Diego. At first the sales rep wasnt sure if he was allowed to sell them yet but he asked his manager, got the OK,went in the back and pulled out the bundle.

JedH

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was actually the first one that asked about the bundle at the Microsoft Store in San Diego. At first the sales rep wasnt sure if he was allowed to sell them yet but he asked his manager, got the OK,went in the back and pulled out the bundle.

So is it safe to assume you got the bundle? What was the actual price?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It's $500 unlocked on amazon

The other $400 would be for the purity headphones / speaker / bluetooth. Which, yeah is a bit retarded. I've never been a fan of this scheme but want to see whether they actually rolled the bundles out.

I'm personally planning on buying the Lumia 900 at full price with a set of the purity headphones, so I'm sure I'll be shelling out $600+. Saving the upgrade for the Apollo generation phones

Last edited:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I can confirm the MSFT store in Atlants has the bundle in stock. Just went and saw it. I told them straight up that I wasn't prepared to pay $899 for it. I tried my best to get them to pull out a coupon or something to lower the price. They wouldn't budge.

I did learn they will not be putting the bundle on shelves until 2/26/12 or something like that.

I can also confirm this device is not a Euro version. It has the 3G 850 and 1900 bands.

Dgravo27

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone willing to purchase this for me and ship it? I will pay Paypal. I called a half dozen stores and no one will ship it.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The bundle is even mentioned on the Windows Phone Blog now. :straight:
look.gif

Nokia Lumia 800 Entertainment Bundle hits the Microsoft Store

JedH

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love Microsoft and Nokia for the direction they are taking. This seems like one of the worst moves to be made. If this phone was being sold for $450, people would be snatching it up like crazy. Not to mention the hype is starting to fade. If it's in a bundle it can exist as a standalone. They need to get this phone out into the North American markets ASAP...

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, since the Monster Headset is $200 and the Play 360 is $150, I suppose on could sell them on Amazon or eBay and bring the phone down to $550, and that's not even counting the Luna, which I couldn't find a price for. But that bundle does suck, plus there's no cyan. :( And the European version doesn't get AT&T 3G everywhere.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on T-Mo USA and really considering this bundle, but it's so damn expensive, especially knowing I'll only get Edge speeds (except in certain pockets in the Pacific Northwest and Nevada where apparently you can pick up T-Mo 3G on the 1900 band). Anyone happen to know of any promo codes for the online store? :)

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem with buying from that amazon link is that it's a German version of the handset, so the 3G bands are not optimized for AT&T. You'll also have issues with warranty. I had my cursor on the buy button for that but I want to make sure I have support should something go wrong.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Canadian provider TELUS will be selling the 800 starting early March. Available colors are black, cyan and magenta. TELUS utilizes the 850/1900 bands. No word yet on off-contract pricing. I will update as soon as I know more.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The problem with buying from that amazon link is that it's a German version of the handset, so the 3G bands are not optimized for AT&T. You'll also have issues with warranty. I had my cursor on the buy button for that but I want to make sure I have support should something go wrong.

The warranty issue was key for me too, but I didn't realize it until after. I had one incident of questionable coverage and that was enough to spook me into sending it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa