Battery full-charge capacity is falling

shubhashish

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
hi guys,

The battery performance of my Lumia 80 is falling very sharply. The battery was working well after the 8107 update but now I am experiencing problems. After the battery update, the diagnostics showed full-charge capacity as 1589 mAh. This has now come down to 1255 mAh.

Anyone else experiencing this or has any information on this?

Help appreciated.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
This sounds almost like the standard not sure if it is by design. I have a number of L800 phones and all of them have done this. My original model did exactly this and the spare I fired up on monday has already done this again.

What is different though is my original also suffered shocking battery life and the only way to make it through the day was to disable 3G.

The one I fired up on Monday has dropped from just under 1450 to 1250 today in just a few days but has at least stabilised on 1250. What is more important though is with 3G on I am getting the same peformance as the one with 3G off.

I think 20 hours of moderate use would be the new norm. I sound like an old record but what dissapoints with the L800 phones is how badly they compare to my Omnia 7 phones of which I had a couple but had excellent battery performance, better then the L800 on a good day.

My only suggestion is not to fixate on the mAh but focus on the performance. Providing you get 20 hours of moderate use I think that should be adequate.

Moderate use for me would be 30 minutes of calls, Push Email, 3G/Wifi/Bluetooth on, Web browsing 1 hour, Gaming 1 hour/Music. This is all subjective as the amount of time the Wifi will be on will be the number of times you have the screen up on the phone, I tend to use the phone as my watch have done this for donkeys so this probably puts additonal strain as the Wifi will kick in everytime I do this.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I think Nokia has stated that the Diagnostics app "will" provide inaccurate data, so you should use the Battery Saver screen for reliable info.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

loujack30

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Right

I think Nokia has stated that the Diagnostics app "will" provide inaccurate data, so you should use the Battery Saver screen for reliable info.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

I think so

anon(5346755)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
hi guys,

The battery performance of my Lumia 80 is falling very sharply. The battery was working well after the 8107 update but now I am experiencing problems. After the battery update, the diagnostics showed full-charge capacity as 1589 mAh. This has now come down to 1255 mAh.

Anyone else experiencing this or has any information on this?

Help appreciated.
mine has dropped to 900.. what to do?

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
mine has dropped to 900.. what to do?
Yes, this is a big problem ( hope is only display problem )
But i have noticed that mine also droped today from 1200 to 999 in a matter of minutes .
So i am not very sure if this is accurate, but i have also notice a performance drop from the battery. With the same useage i get 1 day , and before i could get 2 days without a problem.

Hope we get a fix SOON ! :mad:

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for posting so late. But I've been noticing the same trend. I recently decided to keep my Lumia 800 in battery saver mode all day, and I still couldn't make it through a full day. When I first got my L800, I used to keep Bluetooth on 24/7, play an hour or two of music, surf the web intermittently, and even talk for about an hour and it would always make it through the day and then some. If I managed my usage, I could actually make it into day 2.

Not anymore however. Heck, just idling the phone seems to deplete itself rather quickly. I originally chalked it up to the Nokia update that came piggy-backed on Tango, because after that was when I first started seeing issues. But I don't know if that is the real root cause or not.

Is anyone at WPCentral seeing a similar trend?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss