Squeezy Noise from the Plastic (Extremely Annoying)

phendrome

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Heya,

I've had my Lumia for about three weeks and I noticed something really annoying as I first held it in my hand.

It gives that extremely irritating squeezy noise from the plastic if you click on it slightly above the power button. That's where it gives the most noise anyway but you still hear it if you click on other places on the right side as well as the top of the phone.

I do notice a difference between the left and the right side too (where the plastic connects with the screen):

It seems a lot more solid on the left side 'cause it feels 'more connected to the screen' and you can't move it at all if you push a bit (which is possible on the right side, which makes it feel cheap).

I thought it had good build construction, perhaps I have one that was constructed on a Monday...

I made a video to demonstrate the issue: Nokia Lumia 800 Squeezy Noise - YouTube

Anyway, is it something that I could take on the guarantee? Change case? What would be ideal? I'm not paying $650 for a phone that is constructed in plastic and gives that cheap impression due to the squeezy noise.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
While I doubt that yours is the only phone with the issue, it's the first time I've heard about it. There is simply no way to squeeze or move mine at all.

Obviously it's an error in the construction of the phone, but I'm not sure if it is something that you can take up on the guarantee as it doesn't affect the operation of the device.

I guess you could take it back to the store and argue that you're not entirely satisfied with the product because it indicates poor build quality. On the other hand if the noise has started after a drop then they're no longer liable.

phendrome

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
While I doubt that yours is the only phone with the issue, it's the first time I've heard about it. There is simply no way to squeeze or move mine at all.

Obviously it's an error in the construction of the phone, but I'm not sure if it is something that you can take up on the guarantee as it doesn't affect the operation of the device.

I guess you could take it back to the store and argue that you're not entirely satisfied with the product because it indicates poor build quality. On the other hand if the noise has started after a drop then they're no longer liable.
I've never dropped the phone, ever. I'm like the most careful person ever really.

I'm going to the retail store today and I'm not coming back before I get a new phone or some kind of custom care for it (though I do not know how they should fix such a thing).

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here - on mine, I get it only when I push down on the righthand side of the screen right at the edge.

Came on after a few days of use. Phone hasn't been dropped or abused in any way. I can live with it, but it is annoying.

phendrome

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here - on mine, I get it only when I push down on the righthand side of the screen right at the edge.

Came on after a few days of use. Phone hasn't been dropped or abused in any way. I can live with it, but it is annoying.
It's your choice really. I'm going to the retail store today anyway, couldn't go yesterday.

I think it's worth to replace it or get it fixed before it's too late.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately in my case "the store" is Microsoft, as I won the phone. I could send it back to Nokia, but then I'd be phoneless.

In the meantime, it isn't too annoying so I'll stick with it.

phendrome

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I sent in the phone now, we'll see what they'll do. If they'll fix it or if I get a new phone.

****ing annoying though, if I'd have gotten the issue a week earlier or so I'd have gotten a new phone right on the spot.

Anyway, I'll come with an update with whatever happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720